Saturday, June 16, 2007

365 Challenge Quilt

What is a 365 Challenge Quilt you say. It's a really neat way to keep a journal and quilt at the same time! I found it recently at Leanne's House http://leanneshouse.typepad.com/leanneshouse/2007/04/the_365_challen.html

There's a link in the upper right hand corner of her blog that goes to the tutorial.

Here are a few of the fabrics I've chosen to get started with. I'll be doing my journaling on various shades of cream and beige fabrics and will add in blocks of color as I go along with lots of embellishing of various types. I'm really looking forward to this quilt and seeing how it grows.


This piece of fabric by Moda from the Rhubarb & Ginger collection is one that I found at the same time and just had to have! I love the look of old samplers. It won't be used for journaling but I'm sure I'll figure a way to work it into the quilt somewhere and who knows what other projects I'll find to use it in.