Friday, July 27, 2007

Show And Tell Friday--Some Favorite Things


I've recently discovered Show And Tell Friday hosted by Kelli http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/

Make sure you check out her site and visit all the other Show And Tell Fridays.

For my first Show And Tell Friday I chose a little spot in my sewing room right above one of my work areas. I keep some of my most favorite things in this little spot--which is part of a large built in bookshelf area.

There are pincushions and sewies made by friends, Deb H, Kelley B, Terri P and one by me. The big doll--Ophelia was made for me by me very good friend Donna B, the itty bitty spool doll was made by Terri P. The framed sewing machine picture is actually the cardboard envelope that held matching stationary and I just loved the picture so much that I framed it.


I hope you've enjoyed my Show And Tell Friday share and now I'm off to visit the other Show And Tell blogs to see what they're all up to. Don't forget to visit blogs link.... http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ Enjoy the weekend!

25 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wondeful little nook in your sewing room! The doll is beautiful and you have your treasures displayed beautifully. Seeing this makes me want to go and clean up the mess on my sewing table. :0) I'm so glad you joined in for show and tell!!

Kelli

Kim said...

Very cool. You can't see ANYTHING in my sewing room, the kids think the room is a catch all.

mockingbird hill said...

Welcome to Show and Tell! Your sewing corner is so neat. Is the little red square on the right with the sheep on it a pillow? Cuteness!
Cassie

Susanna Rose said...

What beautiful gifts and I love, love that doll!

Revee said...

Such a nice little area you've created. It's so much fun to look at all the different pieces you have set up!

Barbara H. said...

I just love that! I have thought about doing a similar little area neat my sewing machine. I especially love vintage looking sewing machines -- I may have that exact same note card, and thought of framing it, too! Really nice!

LBP said...

Oh! thank you so much for sharing this. I am in the process of finishing up my sewing and craft room and this is a great idea. Do you mind if I borrow it?

Linda

ellen b said...

What a fun little spot. Your treasures are great. Blessings...

Penless Thoughts said...

So glad you joined in the fun!!! Your display of special gifts and things is very nice.
Susan

Cheryl said...

That is so cute!

Susie said...

How nice that you have such a cute nook to enjoy while in your sewing room. That doll is a treasure :)

Patty said...

delightful way to display so many treasures

Cathy said...

Kelli, thank you and thank you for hosting the Show & Tell Friday. What I didn't show was my sewing table mess--right below this little nook. ;)

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Kim--Thank you! You need a no kids allowed sign! :)

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Cassie--Thank you! That is actually a pincushion--punchneedle and wool made by Kelley B of http://kankerdoodle.blogspot.com/

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Susanna Rose--Thank You!

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Revee--Thank You! It's a fun thing to change around too.

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Barbara--Thank You. I love the old sewing machines too. Grab your notecard and put it in a frame--they make a really neat picture to hang.

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Linda, thank you and you're welcome. You certainly may use the idea and I hope you have lots of fun decorating your sewing room.

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Ellen--Thank you and blessings to you too!

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Susan--Thank you and it has been fun to join in. I hope to find time this evening to see what everyone else has shared.

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Cheryl--Thank You!

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Susie--Thank you and yes she is especially since she is from a dear friend.

Cathy :)

Cathy said...

Patty--Thank You!

Cathy :)

Anita said...

Welcome to Show & Tell Friday!

A sewing room, how nice is that! I wish I had a room just for sewing and crafting, too!


Best wishes from Germany,
Anita