Saturday, August 11, 2007

What I Did Today--Saturday Aug 11

Have you ever had square ice cream before? It's a bit of a fun treat here. We drove about 40 miles up the road to Star Valley, Idaho--that's where you find square ice cream--at the Rainey Creek Store................

I ordered a double scoop of Huckleberry Cream and boy was it good!

Then after we enjoyed our double scoops of square ice cream we drove back toward home--past these purple mountain majesties and amber waves of grain (wheat or barley that has just been harvested)--see they really do exist and no I didn't color the photos.........

Then as we got nearer to this antiques place we had passed earlier our 8 yro daughter begged her daddy to please stop and we did. They had lots of wonderful treasures, but I was good and only brought home a teeny tiny one...............

.....this cool little china prism. I have no idea how old it is or what it hung on, but I like it and will find something to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions?

And now I'm off for a Saturday night pizza buffet--yippee no cooking tonight!

7 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Maybe your lovely china prism came off a chandelier?

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Oh Cathy! Thank you for sharing those pictures ~ from the ice cream to the china prism. I have never been to that part of the country and wow! What beauty! thank you again, dear one.
Blondie

Suzanne said...

What a pretty China prism..and square icecream? Lol, that looks sooo good. We really need to venture out beyond Boise and "discover Idaho"!

Gayle said...

Cathy - You crack me up! I remember when you drove to Logan so you could eat at Sonic. Looks like the ice cream was definetely worth the drive.

Charmingdesigns said...

I bet your square ice cream was taster then my "garlic ice cream" ha! love your prism! laurie

ann said...

Love the idea of the square ice-cream...never seen anything like it!! Beautiful countryside, such vivid colours.
Thanks for sharing.
luv Ann.xx

Plain-n-Simple! said...

Hello Hazelruthe Cathy,
I also live in Idaho, Kuna, way out in the middle nowhere land! The city is slowly creeping out to us, which is pretty sad! Love the square icecream, who'da thunk in Idaho.

Many Hugs,
Jackie