Sunday, September 16, 2007

Disappearing Nine Patch Doll Quilt

Well here it is finally--my little doll quilt I made for a doll quilt swap and I don't like this picture at all. I've tried a gazillion times and it just isn't photogenic. I think it really does look better in person--not quite so busy--the orange block is a lot lighter in color and the red/white is a small calico flower print--not polka dots--but you get the idea--I hope! This one measures 20" X 20" and I learned a lot as I went--for instance how I want to turn my blocks next time--not to use too busy of a fabric where the cream & red blocks go, that I think I would prefer to machine quilt it instead of hand quilt it--just to name a few things. When it comes to quilting I have a lot to learn--so guess I'd better make up another one of these, because we all know practice makes perfect!

8 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

I love it! ....regardless of what you say!! LOL!!

Tracy said...

I love it. I don'r think that it is too busy at all. So glad that I found your blog last week!

Kim from "HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs" said...

I think your quilt is very pretty!

Knot Garden said...

Your little quilt is charming just as it is:)

Kelli said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! So pretty!
Kelli

Carol said...

It is very pretty, and I would guess you could have machine quilted it. ( this from a beginner).

Question: would you free motion it all over?

Or would you SID (stitch in ditch) around the little blocks?

Enjoy Carol

Rosemary said...

And its MINE all MINE! LOL! Love it, thanks Cathy! Rosemary

Suzanne said...

Lol! Cathy...we are always our worst critics. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colors you chose!