Friday, September 7, 2007

Show & Tell Friday--Recent Treasures 9-07

It's Show & Tell Friday hosted by Kelli at There is No Place Like Home, so make sure to check out what everyone has to share today.

These are some recent treasures I've picked up in the last week. The plate I found at TJ Max to add to my transferware collection--only 3.00! Can't beat that and it's beautiful! Those darling little ice skates I found at one of our thrift stores--they're so tiny! I'm going to use them in my Christmas and Winter decor. The little violet teacup and yellow homespun tablecloth I found at a local antiqutey mall and the teacup was only 2.99! I've been searching for a reasonably (cheap) priced violet teacup forever and finally found one! Most of them run $10-$20 and I'm just not paying that for a teacup--I like them because they're pretty, not for collectibility and this one was perfect! Well it's Friday and I wonder what other treasures are out there in the world waiting to come live with me. Guess I better go search them out........................Happy Friday Everyone!

10 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Those are all so beautiful!

Penless Thoughts said...

Lovely items. You'll have to show us your Christmas decor with the iceskates. What a good idea.
Susan

ellen b said...

Wonderful treasures and we'll have to see how you decorate with the skates...

Marci said...

Everything is very nice. I love the ice skates. We collect ice skates here, as we have a pond. We want plenty of skates if people come to skate. =)

NeNe said...

Fun stuff. Don't you just love it when you find a treasure and it's affodable?

Stephanie said...

Just love the new acquisitions! I'm sure there are more out there calling your name!

Kelli said...

How beautiful! I especially love the ice skates...they bring back wonderful memories from my childhood!
Kelli

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice goodies! I've been seeing a lot of black and white decor accents lately, just yesterday at Hobby Lobby, and last week at Ross. It must be the latest thing in decor!

What are you going to do with the tea cup? I've seen single tea cups hanging from a ribbon, on wreaths and other things.

Katherine

diana said...

all three are very nice. i really like the teacup. and what deals! thanks for sharing.

... and thanks for visiting my show & tell. hope you come back to visit.

Suzanne said...

Pretty treasures Cathy. I love that teacup, my MIL collects "strays" and now has a beautiful set of vintage teacups.