Monday, December 3, 2007

10th Annual Christmas Ornie Swap Ornies

The annual Christmas ornie swap at the P&R board is one of my all time favorites and I've been doing this swap for 7 of the 10 years that it's been going on and I have amassed the most wonderful collection of Christmas ornies from all over the US & Canada. My tree is absolutely loaded! These are the ornies I've received this year so far and will update as the others arrive.


I chose to make this little snow girl this year all decked out in her wool coat, complete with muff. Her face is a photo transfer. Her fur trim and muff are made from a cashmere wrap from Nordstroms--however I found it at the thrift store. It was so warm and wonderfully fuzzy.

This cool snowman is made by Phyllis Shows. She used a really neat technique using scrapbooking paper and then painting over it--lots of little details! The pin that is attached at the top of the ornie is made using Martha Stewart's glitter and boy is it shiny and gorgeous!

Ah, now isn't he just adorable! Made by Deb Huffman. I love the big rusty bells and he always gives me the warm fuzzies!


Another very cool snowman by Terri Palakie. This one is sitting in a hat and holding snowballs. Primitively wonderful!

The cardinal is by Christing Rohloff and she does the most beautiful applique. It's just beautiful!

How cute is this darling little button box ornie by Tacey Yarbrough. There's lots of little detail painted on this one! Now to see if I can get her to make me a big button box for my sewing room! hehee!

I absolutely love wool ornies and this beautiful wooly cardinal is made by Janine Jensen. The colors are so vibrant!

What a great prim Santa by Teresa Scharp . I love the little horse he's holding and the green coat he's wearing.

This fun little altered piece is by Marla Millsap and has lots of neat little details that the camera didn't pick up. I just love the photo of the children sledding--what a fun piece! Below you can see the inside.



This darling little Santa by Donna Anderson traveled all the way from Canada and even brought hot chocolate with him! Love that soft wooly beard!

It always amazes me the wonderful talent and the fantastic ideas they all come up with, but the best part is that I have special ornies handmade especially by all of my special friends!