Friday, January 4, 2008

Show & Tell Friday--Mary Engelbreit Collection


Kelli our wonderful hostess of Show & Tell Friday has a beautiful new banner for us to use. I love it! Thank you Kelli!

So what do you suppose is in this big ol' basket that sits under an old treadle table in my dining room???................



....My collection of Mary Engelbreit calendars does! I have about 10 years of ME calendars of all sorts--wall calendars, desk calendars, planner type calendars and paper doll calendars! Her paper doll calendars are the hardest for me to find, so I only have about 3 of them--and 2 of those I found in a thrift store, but that's ok, because I want them for the paper dolls--not to use as a calendar.


I absolutely love all things Mary Engelbreit and every year my family buys me her calendars for Christmas and then on New Year's day I have my own little tradition of sitting down and putting stickers on all the holidays and family birthdays. Her calendars have such awesome artwork in them and I will quite often pull out pages of the old calendars and hang my favorite pictures in my sewing room, so I can enjoy them every day. I've also used the artwork from the small daily desk calendars to decopauge onto file boxes to make them pretty. I get a lot of practical use and even more enjoyment out of my ME calendar collection and I plan to collect them as long as she makes them and I hope to find more of her darling paper doll calendars. I'm off to a thrift store later maybe I'll get lucky and find a poor cast off ME calendar to take home and claim as my own!

Don't forget to visit Kellis' place and enjoy all of the other Show & Tell Fridays. Just click on the new banner and you'll be right there. Happy Friday!

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

How fun! Mary Engelbreit is so colorful and delightful!

MammyT said...

Nice collection. Nice basket.
Nancy

Daughter of the King said...

great collection..I love her whimsy..and her magazine too.
Deby

Hootin' Anni said...

What a super collection!!! AND!!!!! I really love the basket you use to save them.

great show n tell

TJ said...

What a fun collection. I like the decoupage idea.

Martie said...

I love all your ME calendars! I love ME too - I found some magnents at a store the other day and just *had* to buy them!

Thanks for sharing,

~Martie

Linda said...

What a fun collection. I love all things Mary Engelbreit too. Don't you just love her magazine? Hope you find a M.E. treasure at the thrift store. Linda

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I love Mary Engelbreit! One year in high school I used her Book of Days for a calendar and I still have it because I love the pictures. Now some of them are hanging up in my son's room. I really like her book My Symphony.

Penless Thoughts said...

A neat, different collection.
Susan

linn98367 said...

I love Mary Engelbreit stuff as well.I don't have a whole lot except the letters that spell out my daughters name,but they have tons at our favorite tea house and I always love looking at it.God bless,Linn

kbbryant said...

What a fun thing to collect. I just love the happy illustrations of ME things. Keep collecting.

Stephanie said...

You have a great collection of Mary Engelbreit . I love reading her magazine, too!!
Stephanie

nannykim said...

hmmm--paper doll calandars! You should show a close up of some of those---I'm not familiar with them.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a wonderful collection! I love ME things! I didn't know she did paper doll calendars. I have a few of her paper dolls from the inserts of her magazines.

Thanks for sharing,

Katherine

Sondra said...

Great collection! And I really love your snowman tree.