Friday, January 11, 2008

Show & Tell Friday--Raggedy Ann Colorforms


Do you remember Colorforms? If you were kid of the 60's or 70's you do I'm sure. This set is from 1967--I was 6 yrs old and I do remember having a set of these as well as a few others.
A few months ago my husband and I were in a thrift store when he found these and I got so excited! They were $5 and I told him--no that was too much. Hey I was in a thrift store and in cheap mode, so they should have been a buck! When we got in line I noticed he had them tucked in with his stack of stuff. Wasn't that sweet! I have now come to m senses and realized that $5 wasn't so bad after all. LOL!


I scanned in Annie and her clothes, so if you click on their pictures they'll come up bigger and you can print them out and have a cute little set of annie paper dolls. Raggedy Ann does have some tape on her to reinforce a couple of areas, but she's so cute you won't even notice after a minute.



Click on the Show & Tell banner at the top and it will take you right to Kellis place where you can enjoy many more Show & Tell Friday blogs.

20 comments:

Linda said...

How fun to find a something from your childhood...I'm glad your hubby got them for you.
Love Annie and her outifits. I'm printing a set for my friend and one for me too. Thank you for sharing. Linda

Persuaded said...

Oh, my...the precious-ness! I used to love Colorforms:-)

Penless Thoughts said...

So fun to find things from our childhood.
Susan

LBP said...

What a blast from the past! My sister had that very same set of Raggedy Ann colorforms. Mine were Barbie!

Blessings

Linda

kbbryant said...

Very sweet. May I come over and play?
Kathy b

Barbara H. said...

How cute! And a great deal!

Cheryl said...

I remember those... so much fun! I would put mine in the bathtub and stick them to the wall :-)

nannykim said...

oh--that brings back memories--but they had those again when my daughter was little in the 80's!!

T=ME said...

Colorforms......now your talkin'! Please check my blog cause you have something waiting for you! Hugs,Terri

Gayle said...

Cathy - So what kind of stuff does Jim buy at the thrift store? Cute, cute, cute!

Stephanie said...

I swear I used to have those ! I can almost see them right here !!
Keep those forever :)

Shelley said...

Hi Cathy, thanks so much for sharing these. Raggedy Ann is my all time favorite doll. I remember playing with colorforms when I was a girl. What fun they were. How sweet of your husband to buy them for you.

Blessings, Shelley

Folded Wings said...

This is special. Thanks for sharing. The first day I went to school they gave me a paper doll and I had to cut out the clothes and get her dressed.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I remember Colorforms! But I go back further than that, I cut out my paper dolls! I loved them, still do! I'm sorry the little girls don't have them these days.

Katherine

Mica Garbarino said...

sweet raggedy annie, Thanks for scanning it. My daughter likes Annie as well and saw this on your blog. I will have to print it out for her. Hope all is well with you and your new home. looking forward to seeing all that you;ve decorated. Blessings,

Mica

Julieann said...

OH---what memories you brought back--I had that as a child:)

Great show and tell!

Julieann

CookieSunshine said...

I think one of the reasons that I love paperdolls so much today is because of colorforms when I was little...that and Sears catalogs. I gasped with excitement when I opened your page and saw your post! How exciting. It was really such a fun and wonderful surprise. My baby sister (named Ann) collected all things Raggedy Ann....Oh, this was such a great Show and Tell for my memory today. Thank you so much!
-Cookie

Betty said...

What a thoughtful husband you have...isn't it fun to find things that have happy memories attached?

Thanks for visiting with me...please come back anytime....Betty

Green Girl said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I was looking to see this set again. I remember it as a treasured item from my childhood. Thought it was only in my fondest memories, & then, WOW! There it was! Thanks again!
Green Girl

Anonymous said...

I had this exact colorform and have been looking for one for years. Thanks for sharing.