Friday, February 1, 2008

Show & Tell Friday--New Old Treasures


I've missed the last 2 Show & Tell Fridays and now I'm late for this one--but I made it! Be sure to click the banner above to visit all of the Show & Tell Fridays hosted by Kelli.

This week I'm sharing a few new old treasures. Yesterday I went to one our antiquety malls and I got to the 3rd or so booth when my phone rang. It was my husband wanting to meet for lunch, so off I went to meet him for a nice lunch at McDonalds--ok nice is a stretch, but it was nice to have lunch together. Afterwards I went back to the antiquety mall and covered 2 of the 3 floors.

I found this darling little clothespin bag to go in my laundry room and a cute little bar of Lux soap. It's printed to look like it was done in cross stitch and on the back side it says--The Screen Stars Own Beauty Soap--"Lux soap facials make skin loveliest" say Hollywood stars. I also noticed I have 2 bars of soap on my laundry shelf now--only one more bar to go and I officially have a collection!


Then today the husband took a half day off from work and we went to lunch again--this time to a nice mexican restaurant and then afterwards he took me to the same antiquety mall--I didn't tell him I was there yesterday, because there was a little biscuit jar I decided I needed and didn't buy and I hadn't gotten to cover the 3rd floor, so off we went and I pretended I hadn't seen the things he was pointing out to me--shhh! I got the little biscuit jar--now I need to find a lid for it and I also got a little crocheted sort of potholder thingy--it opens up like a little pouch and I also scored a pint jar of old buttons, so it was a good second trip! There is a little pitcher that I left behind that I think I need to go back and get and who knows what new stuff might have been added since I've left!

15 comments:

cherished*vintage said...

You bought some great things this week. I love buttons too, and never pass up a jar of old buttons either. Thanks for sharing your new old treasures!
-Karoline

Nora Lee said...

What great finds. I really love the clothespin bag, my mother just gave me her old one last Sunday! Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and visit me at Nora Lee's Nook!

Sandra

Shelley said...

Hi Dear Cathy, love your treasures. The little clothes pin bag is so sweet.

Blessings,Shelley

nannykim said...

ahh, yes very cute; but very tricky!!

Charity Grace said...

Awwww, I love antiquing! You got some great stuff.

Muum said...

I am laughing about not telling your hubby you'd been there the day before- guess he knows now!

Penless Thoughts said...

Neat finds.
Susan

Jillian said...

Cute stuff...and hard to find those soap bars still intact! You made me laugh out loud about the antique mall trips...as your hubby is pointing out things you had already seen. Glad you enjoyed your trips!

Julieann said...

The clothespin bag out of the bib is a really neat idea--also, I always do that--I see something I like, and then end up having to go back and get it...LOL

Julieann

Stephanie said...

I really like your clothespin bag, you have some wonderful treasures !
Have a great weekend !
Stephanie

Robin said...

What SWEET little treasures....Now, how was trick on hubby again ?? I need some instruction and practice on that one.....LOL
You are such a ......woman !!!....you go girl !!!
Robin

Sondra said...

I love your little clothespin bag. It is so cute. I have often thought about decorating my laundry room with old soaps,detergent boxes, washboards and stuff.

Susie said...

I love that clothespin bag. I really miss doing Show N Tell Friday. I hope to join in when life returns to "normal" here.

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

WOW~you have the most delightful blog! I've been smilin' this entire visit~so glad I found ya!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ellen b. said...

I love all the treasures you found. The clothespin bag is so cute and the bisquit jar is so delicate looking. Enjoy...