Friday, March 14, 2008

National Quilt Day!


March 15 is National Quilt Day this year. In fact it has been extended to the whole month of March!

I am still a fairly new quilter, so I don't have much in the way of quilts to show you. You can see my Dear Jane quilt blocks at Webshots. I haven't worked on this one much for some time and need to get back to it--soon! I am learning so much from this quilt. It will have well over 5000 pieces in it when I finish it--I consider it my quilt college. Click on the rows to see the blocks I've finished so far......

Dear Jane Row A

Dear Jane Row B

Dear Jane Triangles

In case you're not familiar with what a Dear Jane quilt is then click HERE to find out more. It's a reproduction of a Civil War quilt by Jane Stickle that has been revived by Brenda Papadakis.

In honor of National Quilt Day/Month I hope you'll either sew up a block, quilt a few stitches, go shopping at your LQS and buy up lots of fabric or buy a new quilting tool, book or pattern or better yet, share your quilting talent with someone else and keep the circle growing!

Below are a few links to some of my favorite free quilt patterns online. Enjoy and Happy Stitching!

Twist & Turn by Roseann Kermes

Midget Blocks by Sentimental Stitches (scroll down to view quilt and pattern)

State Fair Samper by Sentimental Stitches (scroll down)

Sock Monkey Applique Quilt

Sew Much To Do