Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Back to Blogging & A Magazine Review

I’m finally back and feeling much better. Not quite 100%, but getting there. The surgery was a bit extensive, but everything turned out benign, so needless to say I’m very happy about that! So it’s back to blogging! I feel like I’ve missed so much as I read everyone’s blogs out there and boy have you all been busy!

In the meantime I’ve been sitting, sitting, sitting, watching movies, working on some crafty projects and reading lots of magazines, so I thought I’d start with a magazine review today and share just a few of my favorites. I’m a real magazine junkie (always have been) and I can easily spend $50 on magazines a month--although I don’t always--only sometimes. Shhh…that’s our little secret now.

First up is Romantic Homes. What a gorgeous cover! Pure sugar fairytale land! I truly enjoyed this issue, but then again Romantic Homes always puts out a great magazine. Lots of holiday decorating ideas!

(Make sure to click on the photos to make them bigger)




Here’s a peek at the home of Cathy Scalise. I want a room like this! She’s the one that created the gorgeous sugar fairytale land. Be sure to check out her gorgeous blog!




Next up is Mary Jane’s Farm magazine. I’ve only recently re-discovered Mary Jane’s magazine. Years ago it more like a catalog of her product, but now it’s full fledged magazine and packed full of ideas, tips, articles, projects and sprinkled with wonderful vintage images and other fun stuff.




Here’s a look at one of the many projects in the Dec/Jan issue and there are plenty more, but you’ll have to buy the magazine to find out!




Now for my absolute very favorite magazine…..Where Women Create. Absolutely fabulous, fantastic, inspiring and chock full of eye candy! It’s a bit spendy at 14.99, but it is well worth the price!

This is it’s Premier issue and is the creation of Jo Packham. It’s all about the spaces and places where women create and is a quarterly magazine--next one is due out Feb 1. I can’t wait!




Here’s a peek at a few of my favorites (every page was my favorite!)…

Sally Jean Alexander's room is what I would like m y sewing room to look like when it grows up. I love the soft colors and all of the little spots and cubbies for organizing. Not to mention all the pretties. Visit Sally Jean's Blog.




Mary Jane Butters (of Mary Jane’s Farm magazine)--very vintage and everything is being reused and repurposed. That’s a common theme through most of these rooms. Using what you have and making it work. I love that!




And Shelli Gardner’s stamping studio--oh my! What a dream place to work in and all of the wonderful work stations. Just look at this room!



You really must treat yourself to Where Women Create. It’s guaranteed to make you drool and to motivate you to want to either create your own space or to implement new ideas to your already existing space and isn’t that what we truly want from the magazines we read. A good magazine is a true joy!