Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Goals--Not Resolutions


Happy New Year Everyone! It's almost here, so I thought I'd post my New Year's Goals--not resolutions, because you know we never seem to keep those. Goals are different--aren't they.

So here goes...................For 2009 I plan to......

Work on my needlework and sewing more and get more projects done. You know like those patterns that I bought that have been sitting around forever and that list of ideas that keeps getting longer by the day. I know I won't get them all done, but I'd sure like to take a chunk out of them all.

I have 2 secret projects that I'd like to work on and no don't ask, because they are secret and I won't tell. I'm a good secret keeper!

I recently discovered The Toy Society and I really like their idea, so I've decided to give it a whirl.

Get healthier--yes that means eat better (chocolate still included!) and to exercise. I still have my old Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies VHS--yes I said VHS tape (and I still have a VCR--2 in fact) and get busy exercising!

And last but not least is to create more patterns! I have lots of ideas floating around in my head and in my notebooks and it's high time I got them out and onto paper!

AND!.............................I'd like to start 2 new collections......Hey that can be a New Year's Goal and I may even add to the list throughout the year. hehehee!

For 2009 I would like to start collecting (in addition to my older collections of course!)......

China doll heads--I have 4, so I officially have a collection, but I really need more. I'd also like to find some molds for the old style china dolls. I have lots of fun ideas I'd like to try with these.

And then also I'd like to collect Things That Are Pink. Odd? Maybe, but I love pink and want to make our master bedroom the one room in the house that is Shabby Chic/Vintage Cottage/Romantic Homes style, so I need to find some pink knick knacks and rose floral fabrics and such. I do have a start, so hopefully by years end my hunt will have paid off and that room will have been transformed.

Well I have tried to keep it simple, so hopefully I will have some success.
Have a safe and Happy New year and don't forget to set some new, fun goals!

3 comments:

Casarth-Bären said...

I wish you and your family a * healthy new year *. All your wishes may be fulfilled!

love greetings of Ines and the Casarthbaeren

Rhonda said...

Wow! You have such great and simple New Years goals! You are so down to earth what happened! Me my goals they are still floating in my head. One of them is to try and get my blog up to par like yours. I need a new header. Hint Hint. I killed the header you made me. I like the RS idea. You should have the girls join you. HEHEHE!

Your sister who is floatin
Rhonda

Lana said...

Happy New Year Cathy!!!