Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rageddy Ann & Sock Monkeys

Who doesn't just love Raggedy Ann and the good old fashioned original Sock Monkey! Both all American and two of my very favorites! I thought I'd share what I brought home from my quilt guild loot the other night with you, because I know a lot of you love Sock Monkeys and Raggedy Ann too. I've added just 2 photos here, but if you'll click HERE it'll take you to my Flickr account where I've uploaded the Raggedy Ann embroidery tranfsers and pattern cover as well as the front and back of the Sock Monkey pattern. Once you're there click on the thumbnail of each pattern and then at the top above the photo click on All Sizes and it will bring it up bigger and then you can right click and save it to your computer.



I think the front of the Sock Monkey pattern is cute just for it graphics alone.



The pattern cover to the McCall's Raggedy Ann Kaumagraph Embroidery Transfer # 1287. I think just the cover of this would be darling framed and added to a Raggedy Ann collection.

Click HERE to go to my Flickr account where you can find all seven of the transfers. I have scanned them in, cleaned them up the best I could and converted them to black and white and also mirror imaged them, since I figure most of us will be using a tracing transfer method.

I've always wondered just what the word "kaumagraph" means and I can not find it anywhere in the dictionary--the online versions that is. The best that I can figure is that "kaumagraph" is actually a heat transfer that is applied to special paper. If anyone else knows a different definition I'd love to know.

Enjoy and Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Cindy B said...

Yes I believe you are right...they were colored transfers that could be successfuly ironed on to 100 % cotton. I love the graphics on those older vintage transfers...I learned to embroider using them.

Rhonda said...

Lord Have Mercy! I may be the younger sister but I think I am definetly the STUPIDER Sister! I finally figured out how to get the Sock Monkey Pattern. Now I guess I have to go to Down Stream and get Jim a mulit colored monkey. I am sure that will be much easier than getting the pattern. Ed will enjoy the buffet again!

The really stupid sista!
Rhonda

PS I am exhausted now!

Mindy said...

Just happened to find your site and I have to say, I nearly choked when I saw what you'd done with the embroidery transfers! How incredibly kind of you to share these wonderful treasures! Bless you, dear girl!

Suzanne said...

Cute! I was given some sock monkey slippers for Christmas. They just make me laugh every time I wear them!

Rhondamum said...

Those are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! I think either of those would be precious frammed. I especially like the sock monkey. Too, too fantastic!

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Thank you so much for sharing the embroidery patterns. I just love them! I'm a big annie fan and these are just perfect.

Hugs,
Lea

Lori Anderson Designs said...

(Am I the only one that was creeped out by sock monkeys? Is that related to a fear of clowns? I has both).