Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun Stuff

A few fun finds at the thrift store recently.....................




......this beautiful pearl and crystal bead necklace--for $4. It's long too and I love long necklaces. It was a bit vintage and a bit today and something I will definitely enjoy wearing. The little crystals are acutally clear and not tinted like they appear and it has some little rhinestone rings in there as well. What more can a girl ask for! ( besides chocolate and a loaded credit card!)



......and I found this cool little glass floral frog for a whopping .50! Can't beat that. I've been seeing these on other blogs being used as.......



....scissor holders! And I just had to have one and I lucked out. I set it on top of a little old jelly jar filled with my favorite old white buttons and it works perfectly! Plus it's cute! Not too bad for some inexpensive fun!

3 comments:

Woods Olde Homestead said...

Oh what wonderful finds..very pretty necklace and such a cute way to use the frog...Thanks for sharing your goodies with us...have a great weekend...
Prim Blessings...
Tonja

Rhonda said...

Love the necklace! That is going to be a great piece for you. It is going to be very versitile. Put my sticky on it please! I put your sticky on some old gardening books of Daddy's for you. They were so proud of me. I was not being stingey! I love the froggy idea. So cool. Chuck it at the impatient chauffer! I would use colored...brightly colored button and use it in my bathroom for tweezers and little makeup brushes. I have no skeezeers. I am not allowed to have them??? The jelly jar what kind is it? just a little short one? Was it hard to find one to fit? I will tell mambo jambo for her room she will love it. I hope your finds are just as fab today!

I am stuck inside working! or I am suppose to be working...but the boss is at least gone...he is at the lake...what is up with that?

I need to get a real job!

The perplexed Sista with no Skeezeers!

Who Is bob_r_ann said...

Great finds Cathy. I have several frogs and never knew what to do with them, thanks for the idea. Can I get your RS soup Recipe please?