Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beautiful Books Review

This past week I've received 3 of the prettiest books in the mail and I've gotten all 3 of these from Paper Back Swap. I've had so much fun doing this. I've received about 15 books so far and I'm even doing some Christmas shopping this way.

I thought I'd give you a peek at a few of these pretty books. They're all 3 from the mid to late 90's, but still current and they have such pretty photos and fun projects.




I love the art of Sandy Clough and this book is full of her gorgeous artwork. I'd almost be tempted to take it apart and frame some of it, but it's just too pretty to do that.




She has little stories mixed in with her artwork, so there's even some reading to go along with the pretty pictures.








And I love the books by Mary Jo Hiney. She has some beautiful projects that are timeless. I have several of her books on my wish list, since this is the only one I actually have in my library so far.



Pretty little box using some vintage ephemera


A pretty little ditty bag




The Santa book has all kinds of wonderful vintage Santa's to make from chalkware Belsnickels to the Victorian candy bag Santa's and more.




Wonderful little cotton batting Santa's with chalkware faces. Now to find me some molds. These are at the top of my list to make as soon as I do find a mold.


Even a pinecone Santa! Isn't he too cool!

I have a few more pretty books on the way and I can't wait to see them. I love these books and I love the Paper Back Swap site!