Monday, September 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book--My First



I thought that I would give this Simple Woman's Day Book a whirl. I'm not a good journal keeper, but I find this intriguing......

FOR TODAY
Monday, September 14th...

Outside my window...are blue sunny skies, birds twittering in the trees, water in the canal, horses happily grazing and a hint of fall in the air.

I am thinking...do I really need to make a chocolate cake? You know one of those 3 minute in a mug cakes. I will just eat it and I don't need it--do I? And I really need to start working on some Christmas projects.

I am thankful for...the impending arrival of fall. My favorite time of year! The peace and quiet throughout my home at the moment.

From the kitchen...the dishwasher is humming and all is clean and quiet--until dinner later tonight, which I think will either be Jambalya or Beef Stroganoff. Hmmm... we'll see what sounds best as the day progresses.

I am wearing...a favorite green button up tee shirt with brown pants and sandals.

I am creating...my first Day Book entry...and then I will be finishing up a thumb pincushion for a swap that I'm doing.

I am going...only to the Post Office later to mail out some patterns and books, oh and to pick up my daughter from school--it's an early release day--thank goodness for reminder text messages from the school!

I am reading...my scriptures and a new to me book-- Heirlooms from Loving Hands by Sandy Lynan Clough. It has gorgeous pictures in it and I will be sharing about it later this week.

I am hoping...for something fun to arrive in the mail today. I am expecting some books and a payment for an order. That's really fun stuff!

I am hearing...the flag's ropes clanking softly against the flag pole, Boomer the black lab breathing/snoring as he sleeps, twittering birds in the trees just outside my window and laundry tumbling in the dryer.

Around the house...all is quiet for the moment as I'm the only one home. The yard is being flood irrigated and all is well.

One of my favorite things...caramel apples, pumpkins, spicey scented candles, soup and homemade bread, a fun apron to wear when I cook (yes I always wear an apron and I have for years--I'm a bit messy ;)..................

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish a pincushion, start a Christmas gift, teach a jean skirt class, go to a fireside/seminar--The Making of America.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...it reminds me of the last of summer and the beginning of fall.....(ps feel free to save it and use as you'd like).



If you'd like to read other bloggers entries to their Simple Woman's Daybook or to participate along please click HERE.