Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Thrifty Finds

Lucky me, I found a few more thrifting treasures this week! Besides these things below I also scored a yard of winter white wool for $2 !! Yee Haw! Some sort of vintage zipper fix it tool, a couple of books and then these...............




....a lovely old turkey plate that even came with a plate hanger attached. Gotta love that! I think I have 2 turkey plates now--1 more and it will be an official collection! ................


...this one is more of a platter and not a plate. It'll be good for serving chocolate cake on don't you think!....


...and I was tickled to find these little angels for only .75! I have a set of itty bitty china angels from about the 50's and these will go very nicely. Their little red dresses are actually red flocking. I thought that was kinda neat......


a little pile of new victorian scrap for cardmaking and also some victorian floral cards I forgot to snap a pic of......


...and then this oh so cool red & white sewing basket that is missing it's lid. I actually passed this up the previous 2 trips and then it's like--DUH!--make a new lid!! I have no idea, what was wrong with my brain before. I also got a huge pile--lifetime supply I think--of needles, pins, snaps and hooks & eyes. And one pair of sock monkey socks!

I just love good thrifting trips don't you!

4 comments:

stefanie said...

wow, i was blog hopping and thought i would come see all the treasures you got, gorgeous, what finds, i love when you get great deals

Dena said...

You really hit the jackpot and found some treasures. Thank you for sharing.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you got some really neat items..love them all..especially that turkey plate..:)

UPON A HILL said...

Great Great! finds; I am with Gina, I love the turkey plate!