Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Thrifty Finds

Lucky me, I found a few more thrifting treasures this week! Besides these things below I also scored a yard of winter white wool for $2 !! Yee Haw! Some sort of vintage zipper fix it tool, a couple of books and then these...............




....a lovely old turkey plate that even came with a plate hanger attached. Gotta love that! I think I have 2 turkey plates now--1 more and it will be an official collection! ................


...this one is more of a platter and not a plate. It'll be good for serving chocolate cake on don't you think!....


...and I was tickled to find these little angels for only .75! I have a set of itty bitty china angels from about the 50's and these will go very nicely. Their little red dresses are actually red flocking. I thought that was kinda neat......


a little pile of new victorian scrap for cardmaking and also some victorian floral cards I forgot to snap a pic of......


...and then this oh so cool red & white sewing basket that is missing it's lid. I actually passed this up the previous 2 trips and then it's like--DUH!--make a new lid!! I have no idea, what was wrong with my brain before. I also got a huge pile--lifetime supply I think--of needles, pins, snaps and hooks & eyes. And one pair of sock monkey socks!

I just love good thrifting trips don't you!