Monday, November 30, 2009

The Many Faces of Santa

The Christmas decorations are going up and Ithought I'd join in on Vintage Christmas Monday hosted by Anything Goes Here.

For my first Monday I'm sharing my beloved Santa Mug Collection. At last count I now have 19 mugs and one pitcher and I'm not done collecting yet. ;)



This year they are sitting on my long mantle shelf and they barely fit!



There are so many faces of Santa.....like when he winks.......


....his eyes are closed......


....the pitcher....


...which I found at the thrift store for $2!.....



...this year I found 2 like the one of the very end on the right....just finished a bit differently....



...winking Santa with a sparkly rhinestone eye.....





...and there's even an itty bitty one. Several of them are all alike too as you can see, but they each seem to have their own personality.

I hope you've enjoyed the many faces of Santa and don't forget to check out the other wonderful Christmas bloggings for Vintage Christmas Monday's.

17 comments:

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

What a nice addition to Vintage Christmas Monday. I love all the faces of Santa...the same, but all different. Each with his own personality created by his painter! Thanks again for joining us! xo Joan, your VCM hostess.

Jenny S said...

I have NEVER seen the pitcher before! You lucky duck you!! LOVE IT!

The Vintage Modern Girl said...

these mugs are wonderful! i had no idea they even existed...but now i want my own collection! thanks for sharing!

West Side of Straight said...

What a cute collection. And what a great place to display them!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Cathy, your collection of santa mugs is precious... I love them all... my favorites are the little Holt Howard party favor sized ones... love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

LBP said...

I have a small collection too! Yours are so cute! I am really envious of your pitcher! Great find.

Linda

Judi said...

Well I have seen quite a few Santa pitchers but yours has to be the BEST! And what a price :) They are all so adorable and actually since they are all hand-painted, there are no two alike! Thanks for sharing. Judi

one gal's trash said...

Fab Santa mugs! I found one this year that has TEETH!
Happy VCM!
Pam

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh my! A Santa pitcher to go along with the mugs! I've never seen one. I think I need one, because I've just started a mug collection, and after seeing your wonderful one, mine won't feel complete without it!
Happy Vintage Christmas!
Carol

Shellie said...

I have to admit I have never seen a Santa Pitcher before either. What a neat collection you have!

Rebecca said...

What a great collection! I have a couple myself. Now I'm motivated to collect a few more :)

Sandra said...

I have just started to collect the Santa mugs and only have 5 so far...love your blog backgound...so fun!

June said...

Cathy your Santa mugs are darling! What a great collection!
I love your sweet Christmas banner too.
Hugs,
June

Carol said...

Hi Cathy!
I'm a late partyguest lol didn't get around to visit all VCM Monday paticipants yesterday. You have a great Santa face collection but what I love best here is your adorable Vintage Christmas blog banner!!!
You'r cordially invited to my VCM party too!
Warmest wishes from Boxwood Cottage in Germany sends you
Carola

one gal's trash said...

Santa mugs are such fun and timeless. Another VCM blogger posted about her collection of Santa mugs too...and as I told her, I found one this year with TEETH! Creepy and Fabulous!
Pam

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Ohhh such cuties!

^_^

Natasha Burns said...

oh my gosh they are so cute! i love your collection of Santa mugs, and their different faces and expressions :)