Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pink Putz Houses and Dancing Santas

A dear, sweet online friend of mine--Deb H. sent me a most wonderful surprise in the mail this week. I am sooo tickled! Look and see........


Deb sent me this gorgeous, gorgeous blouse for Betty my dressform to wear. It's an art noveau style and I only wish I were Betty's size--but she was needing a new outfit and it looks great on her and she loves it too.


And then Deb sent me these absolutely adorable vintage dancing Santas! I just LOVE them! Aren't they just the cutest things! She's a bit sneaky too. We were discussing them recently on our chat board and she didn't even drop a hint and the next thing I know they're popping out of my mailbox! Thank you so much for the darling Santa's and Betty's beautiful new blouse. You are just too, too sweet!


And now for my pink glittery putz house, that I recently made for a swap with 2 other online friends Kim and Zoe. I actually made 3 of them--one for each of us. I swear there's a pound of glitter on each one too! It's the first time I've ever bought a brand new bottle of glitter and used the entire bottle and I used 4 different kinds of glitter on them. And for the record--Martha Stewart is the glitter queen! Her's is the best glitter in color and quality I've ever found!

This was such a stressful project too! A putz house maker I am not! I started out making my little putz houses from scratch, but I was not very happy with them at all! They were smaller than I had intended and they looked, well rather elementary, so I decided to buy pre-made, nekkid paper mache houses and then it got easier and I got a lot happier, because these I could work with! They did end up being much larger than I intended, but that was ok!

Oh and those white trees---I bleached them! Originally they were those dark green sisal trees that come a bunch in a bag. I'll try and post a bit of a how to on them sometime soon. I need to go buy more and bleach them, so I can have a whole forest of vintage looking trees and experiment with dyeing them as well.

I'm just glad the putzs are done. They were fun once I got to going and the ideas started coming, but I'm retiring from this particular craft. I'll settle for collecting those made by someone else. Keep an eye out and I'll post what I receive in the swap in a few days too.