Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Not The Ritz.....


See, I told ya it wasn't the Ritz. It's just an old country mailbox. And what is that sticking out of the door.......






...hmmmm....a bunch of dried up, old dead grass.......



......clearly put there by the birds!

We have been going back and forth about this for weeks! I remove the nest and they promptly build it right back--over and over again! They've even gone so far as to leave bird doo on my mail!

Now I'm sorry, I hate to be mean, but I sorta need to receive my mail even if it is mostly bills. Maybe if the birds had offered to share the bills I might have offered to share my mailbox, but they didn't and after all I had to do what I had to do.......




I mean it is a federal offense to mess with the US mail. I do hope the bird family will be able to find a nice new place to relocate their pretty blue eggs to, after all we do have several decent bird houses located around the yard and no one will be poking around in those. Besides that I'm sure the mail lady will appreciate it too.

Now if we just escape wasp season all will be well!

6 comments:

Dena said...

Isn't that funny... My husband has battles with the birds when they build their nests near his antique cars. Last year he spent so much time watching the birds that he forgot all about the bats. LOL

Gayle said...

Crazy birds! We have some building in a birdhouse right outside my front door, which is okay. But they fly off in a rush every time I go out the door and it gives me a heart attack cuz I forget about them being there!

KKL Primitives said...

LOL too funny! A bird built a nest in our outdoor front porch light cause hubby 'forgot' to put the top back on after he unplugged the Christmas lights in Jan. One night when my daughter came to drop off the grandkids for a sleepover, as soon as the front door opened, the bird flew in the house!! It was crazy! The bird was like a dive bomber, we were laughing, screaming, laughing and screaming over again. It took about 15 min. to get her out of the house - chasing her with a broom and she finally flew out the back kitchen door.

Barbara said...

I guess we've all had a problem of some sort with a bird. We have a pair that make a nest behind our porch light just outside the front door every year. They take off every time the front door opens! LOL

Mrs. Staggs said...

Oh gosh! I would have loved to have found such a surprise, but it is a dilema as to what to do about your mail. You would think the birds would take the hint, and move to another site, wouldn't you? So interesting.

Lena

Maria said...

That is so funny! They pick the strangest places sometimes!

I read your tutorial on the Old Farmhouse Gathering Blog. It is absolutely awesome!! I can't wait to try it. The talent and creative of ladies such as yourself absolutely blows me away! God Bless!