Saturday, January 28, 2012

Arm Chair Caddy Sew Along Project

While following links the other day I ran into a sew along hosted by Liz of "Moments" and decided this might be something to get me going sewing again. Liz has a list of sewing room projects for us to work on each month and for January it was an arm chair caddy and January is almost over I knew I'd better hurry! I've always intended to make one of these, but have just never gotten around to it--until now!


Here it is hot of the machine and not my best work by far. I decided to shortcut the bias tape step and I shouldn't have, but oh well. Live and learn..............and for me learn again!

I was all set to make a pretty shabby chic and lace caddy and then in my stash I spied these funky Lorelie Designs pieces. I thought perfect! I love Lorelie's whimsical characters and bright colors.

The pattern I used is by Helen of Hugs n Kisses found HERE. It's a simple and fun pattern and I'd like to make another one of these little caddies only just a bit larger maybe, so I can use it for larger projects.



Here's a closeup of the pincushion. I just love this character!




And the Lorelie fabric that I used. I have pieces of the white left over, so I can squeeze out another fun project.


If you'd like to join in Liz's sew along just click the banner above. It'll be fun and you'll have 11 new projects for your sewing room! She's giving us December off to rest! I like that!



As a side note.......................... I WANT THIS! It's the new Singer 160 to celebrate Singer's 160th anniversary. Isn't it gorgeous! Click the photo to find out more. I bet you'll want one too! Update--Drats! They are all sold out!