Friday, May 24, 2013

Thrift Store Treasures and Irons

I'd say my thrifting was successful even though I didn't find any pretties I did find items for my sewing room. I found a great rolling sewing chair for only $6 and I so needed that. There are several yards 6 plus yards of wool, some sewing machine screwdrivers, purse handles that will be used for a sewing bag, a great little pattern booklet by Blackbird Designs AND that awesome Iron! 

Now I want to talk a bit about this iron........


These are the best little irons! I received one as a wedding gift years ago and it lasted me about 25 years and I've not been happy with any iron since, including the Rowenta brand. So for 4.95 I was tickled pink to bring this one home.

But then....................look at what Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet has in her sewing room!

 She has like 6 or 8 of these fabulous irons! I'm wondering if they're the same brand only a bit older or a different brand. Maybe I should ask her. Her line up of irons is such an inspiration and while I probably really don't need that many irons I don't see where 2 or 3 (or 5) would hurt.




This photo is from a You Tube interview of Lori that shows her oh so darling vintage sewing room. You've got to see it! It's so bright, cheery and happy, clean and organized and cuter than cute!