Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Old Pot Lids & Such


While I was talking to my mom on the phone last night she was describing what she had done with an old pot lid she put in her laundry room and I told her I had done the very same thing with one in my laundry room--and we had both seen it in a magazine at some point somewhere.
What we both had done was to take an old enamel pot lid, drilled a hole in the lip part of the lid and hung it on the wall to use as a towel holder. A fun and unique way to use an old lid that has lost its pot and is laying around as an old castoff hoping to miss the trash pile.




Then I got to thinking about some of my other favorite lids like this one that hangs in one of my bathrooms. I found it at a thrift store for $4--a bit more than I wanted to pay for it, but I just love it and it’s colors are so rich and it was too pretty to end up in the dumpster.



There is also this little sugar bowl lid that used to have a sugar bowl until it was tragically smashed in the ride home from the flea market, but I couldn’t toss the little lid and eventually it found it’s mate in a new sugar bowl that had somehow lost it’s lid.


Then there is this poor old teapot and lid that don't match and the tea pot's spout has even been broken of at the very top, so I rescued this odd pair and have enjoyed them ever since.
So the next time you're at a flea market or thrift store keep an eye out for misfits lids needing a partner or purpose in life. They're important too!