Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday's Treasures

Isn't Saturday one of the best days of the week! It's the one day I get to go treasure hunting and these are the treasures that I found today.......

First is this delicate little china plate that has Bavaria stamped on the back side. It will go in my downstairs bathroom where I'm slowly building my old plate and lid collection.

Then I found this wonderful scrapbook for 1.25! It's a book that someone published of their scrapbook of their grandmother and it is absolutely delightful........

This is one of the very first pages with a picture of grandmother......
the entire book is filled with articles and ephemera and all kinds of fun clippings as well as recipes and advice to live by. It's something I know I'll receive much pleasure from.
Besides these I also brought home an older McCalls pincushion pattern, a cross stitch book filled with small patterns and bag of plastic strawberries--yup plastic!
Then when I went to pick up the mail and I received my Covered Tape Measure swap from my swap partner Thea. She used machine embroidery for my name and the ever so appropriate saying. When you turn it over it has a built in pincushion. Thank you Thea!
One more week til next Saturday and I hope it too will be filled with lots of wonderful treasures!