Monday, August 13, 2007

My First Punchneedle Piece Finished!

Finished my first ever punchneedle and while it turned out ok, I did learn a lot as I went. Brend Gervais of http://www.countrystitchesonline.com/ helped me a lot and I could see improvement as I went, so hopefully the next one won't have all those pushed out loops. Other than that little loopy problem all went well and I really enjoyed it. It didn't take long to do either and I would punch for a few minutes here and there. Now all I have to do is figure out how I want to finish it. I have a new design that I drew up this time and as soon as I find the time I'll start punching again. Be sure to check out Brenda's beautiful patterns!

7 comments:

lovetheprimlook said...

Wonderful job !!! I love it and cant wait to see more :)
Angie

T=ME said...

You did a great job! It's something that is hard to put down. Someone told me that if you have a marker the same color as your thread you can color in any bare spots.I punched on muslin. You always share the neatest things! Hugs, Terri

Suzanne said...

Oh, that is so pretty. I love the colors and the design. Punchneedle is on my list of things to give a try! You did a wonderful job!

ann said...

Looks beautiful to me Cathy. You have done a wonderful job.
luv Ann.xx

crazyhaberdasher said...

Love it! ....another thing to add to my very long list of crafty things to do!...I don't think I will live that long!

Lily Pepper said...

Your piece turned out great. This is one craft that I've yet to try but have been wanting to. I love your blog and am just stopping by to tag you. Please check out my blog http://www.lilypepperprimitives.blogspot.com for more info

oak wind farm said...

I think you did an awesome job on this! I am a novice at it myself, and have designed all of the ones I have made.
I am going to put your blog on my list. I think you are quite interesting and talented!
Have a happy day!