Friday, August 24, 2007

Show and Tell Friday 8-24-07


Time for another Show and Tell Friday hosted by Kelli at http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ so make sure to stop by and visit all the Show and Tell Fridays.

I thought I'd share two of my many favorite things in my sewing room--I think everything in that room is my favorite! These sit on a big mantle shelf--one of my favorites--given to me by my brother several years ago and boy can it hold a lot!

The little red sewing machine is my first ever sewing machine that I've had since I was 5 yrs old. It's battery operated and I do remember sitting and sewing with it--not so many years ago (only about 41) . It's survived a house fire and numerous cross country moves and it now has a special spot to sit and be admired.

The picture above it was made several years ago by my friend Kathi R of Out on a Whim Studio-- http://www.outonawhimstudio.blogspot.com/ -- and it has been one of very favorite pieces and always is a focal point in my sewing room.
If you look real close I'm sure you can see a nice layer of dust on the shelf too--but we won't discuss that! Ok off to see what everyone has shared for Show and Tell Friday!

14 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

That little red sewing machine is so tiny! I have never seen one like that before.

Penless Thoughts said...

Oh my!!! That little sewing machine is so special and the picture, too. Thanks for sharing!! I just love Show & Tell and seeing everyone things.
Susan

ellen b said...

Very sweet and I love the picture behind the sewing machine. I don't think I have one toy that survived my childhood! blessings...

Sara said...

What a cute little sewing machine - I've never seen one like it. I'm sure it enjoys being appreciated and displayed like that, after all it's been through!

mockingbird hill said...

Oh Cathy...what a sweet Show and Tell! The little sewing machine is great...love that red...and Kathy's handiwork just really sets it off. So glad you have been able to keep something so special to you! Cassie

Autumn said...

That is so cute!

Mica Garbarino said...

what a sweet pice very lovely.


Mica

Barbara H. said...

What a cute little machine and picture.

Julieann said...

Oh, I just love your little red sewing machine--what a treasure:)

Julieann

Kelli said...

I think your little red sewing machine is the sweetest thing! The picture is also very beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your sewing room with us!
Kelli

Sharon said...

What a great sewing machine and it's even better cause it's red. I found one at the Rosebowl flea market a few years back for $25.00 I grabbed it!!!

Lana said...

Thanks for sharing Cathy. It's nice to see where other people create.

Lana G! said...

The sewing machine is absolutely adorable!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oh, how cute! It's perfect for your sewing room!

Enjoyed your other blogs too!

Katherine