Monday, August 20, 2007

Civil War Pincushions



I thought I'd let you take a peek at a swap that I'm sending to a friend--she's out of town, so she should receive them before she sees this. We had a pincushion/sewie swap on the P&R board and this is what I made her---a square pincushion with strawberries on top--stuffed with raw lambs wool, a little sewing ditty bag with pockets--I made up a little story about these being buried during the civil war and being found again and tucked it into the bag-- and that litte roll pincushion that actually hangs. I've seen these little roll pincushions--well photos of them--not in real life, but they've all been new ones, so I'm not sure about their history or the reason that they hang, but I like them. I hope she likes them too and if you happen to run into Deb--don't tell her!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very CoOl!I love to check out your blog on my down time. I must say, you ladies have inspired me to get off my tucus and get a blog started up and get to creating...

Greetings from Sunny & HoT Colorado!
;0) Debe

Suzanne said...

How fun! I wish they were coming to my house! You did a beautiful job on all of your pin cushions, so pretty!

NeNe said...

Cathy,
As usual too cute! You amaze me with your talent. I just wish we lived closer together I need some lessons.

Laura (NeNe)

ann said...

Absolutely beautiful...you clever girl & Deb will certainly appreciate it.
luv Ann.xx
PS..after seeing all the wonderful swaps on P&R i think i will have to become a swap piggy...lol

Sharon said...

She's one lucky girl to get all the great goodies. Love the strawberry's.

Robin said...

Wow !!! Cathy, those are just beautiful !! Sure wish I was in that swap with you !!! Your work is sooo awsome !!

Rosemary said...

wow Cathy, shes a lucky girl! THose are awesome! Rosemary

Mica Garbarino said...

I love these pincusions. right up my alley!!!
Mica