Friday, September 28, 2007

Show & Tell Friday--Laundry Room Cubbies

Friday again! Boy it sure rolls around fast. Don't forget to visit Kelli's and take a peek at all the other Show & Tell Fridays.


Today I thought I'd share a favorite spot in my laundry room--my cubbies. I love this little spot, because as you can see I can fill it with little treasures! Each little cubbie has a theme--or close to it. The people who lived here before had a daycare and these little cubbies were used for that. Below it are little coat hooks and the iron you see just died this week. Yup a 6 month old iron and it's cold as stone. Good thing I had another iron for a backup, but I really do wish I could find an iron that does a good job and lasts for years--not months!
I'm off to the thrift store to see if I can find any new treasures to add to my little laundry room cubbies--keep your fingers crossed!

PS--I have a poll over in the right hand column towards the top, asking what is your style of decorating, so don't forget to vote.

15 comments:

Susie said...

What a clever use of those cubbies. I'm sure it makes spending time in that laundry room much more enjoyable.
Too bad about the iron. Wish I knew a good one to recommend...
:)

Suzanne said...

Love those cubbies, and the way you've decorated them. Makes ironing (when you have an iron that works, :)
a nicer chore. Sorry about your iron, we've gone through 2 this past year!

Penless Thoughts said...

What a great use of the cubbies!!
Susan

Joyfull said...

I love the cubby! What a creative way to decorate. Hope you enjoy your shopping trip, those are my favorite, searching for a bargain! Thanks for sharing.

LBP said...

I could just stand there and look at your treasures for an hour. What a great way to make ironing more pleasurable.

p.s. I know this is weird, but I LOVE to iron.

Linda

nannykim said...

what a happy thing to have in your laundry--nice idea ;-)

ellen b said...

That is a lovely spot! Your treasures in the cubbies are fun!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts said...

What a fun way to brighten up the laundry spot!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Now that is really neat! Everybody should have some cubbies like that!

Katherine

crazyhaberdasher said...

Just the type of thing I want for my laundry! You could do a post on each little cubby alone....what are the themes? I see sewing there, and black dolls, and unusual fruit and veggie shaped dishes, chickens....I would love to see a close-up of each one!

crazyhaberdasher said...

By the way, I voted, but I do like a lot of the categories. Overall, it is just old stuff!! LOL!!

Carol said...

Your cubbies are so attractive. I iron in my lower level ( basement) but one whole side of it is windows. I can see my "collection" of natural stuff, trees, flowers, deer and turkey----maybe. But you gave me wonderful ideas for fixing up one part of a wall for "inside" cubbie stuff.

Thanks for sharing
Enjoy Carol

Gayle said...

Cathy - I'm so envious of your laundry room - I call mine the "Black Hole" because it's in an unfinished room of the basement with no windows - YUCK! Looks like your newly broken iron is a Rowenta? I've given up on those after the same thing happening several times to me - I'm now using a heavy old one that I got at the thrift store - it's GREAT!

Kelli said...

Oh, I LOVE your cubbies! You have your treasures set up so nicely!

Kelli

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Very nice! I am sure those cubbies come in handy keeping all your collections in! If I had cubbies I could think of a thing or two to put in mine ;). Thanks for sharing your collections with us.

~Amy