Friday, October 12, 2007

Show & Tell Friday--Cookie Jars


It's Friday again and today I decided to share my cookie jars with you. If I had more space I'd have way more cookie jars--so I guess maybe it's a good thing I don't have too much space. ;)

These first 2 are 2 of my very favorites--Queen of the Kitchen a Mary Engelbriet piece that I treated myslef to a few years ago and Ernie who is not wearing his original head, because one day the cat decided to get a bit too close and off went poor Ernies head--sort of like Humpty Dumpty, we couldn't put him back together again, so I found just a head at a thrift store--this ugly bright orange one, which will have to work until I find just the right Ernie head. Ernie joined us about 15 or so years ago when my husband found him in a little antiques shop in Kansas and gave him to me for Christmas that year. He always sits so politely with his little hands folded.


The little hen cookie jar is a from the Warren Kimball line that I found at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago for just 7.00, so I snapped it up!


The last of my cow collection. Remember cows back in the early 90's. She's also one of my very favorites. I was working as a cookie decorator in a little shop when my husband brought this to me at work one day as a fun little gift. She's sat in my kitchen and held lots of little things--mostly cassette tapes--yup, she still has one or two in there, but never any cookies.


This little guy is Pumpkin Jack. I can't wait for fall time to roll around every year so I can enjoy this little guy. He was one I found at Michales craft store a few years ago. Isn't he a happy little pumpkin.


My little merry moose that my son gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. He's so cute, who'd steal a cookie from him.


And mammy, who's always cheerful and ready to bake. She was an ebay purchase a few years ago.

And the last little guy is a snowman that I got at the thrift store last year for 4.00! I surely couldn't pass him up!


I love my cookie jars, but they've never held any cookies. Not that I don't bake, because I do, I just don't want my cookie jars broken when little or big hands are snitchin' cookies from my cookie jar. I find an ugly ol' plastic tub works much better for that!

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to stop past Kelli's to visit the other wonderful Show & Tell Fridays.

21 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Love them all! ....but of course why wouldn't I? ....and the penny rugs? (I hope that is what you call them) Did you make those?

jennifer said...

Ok I love the cow and the snowman~ what a fun collection!

Hootin'Anni said...

oh.........sweet mother marie! I love these...each and every one of them.

Drop by for some hard candies? I'd love to see you visit my Show N Tell if you haven't already.

Mommy said...

Earnnie's head doesn't look bad at all. That was nice that you were able to find a replacment. All your cookie jars are lovely. Thanks for sharing. :)

Kristy Jo said...

I LOVE the snowman, the moose and mammy, her smile makes ME smile!
GREAT collection!

Sharon said...

Oh, I love all your great cookie jars! They are all so cute and fun!

Smiles ~ Sharon

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

What a neat collection!

my first show and tell is up

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

What a great collection! I love the mammy one and the snowman they are my favorites. Thanks for sharing
~Amy

kathy B said...

I love, love love them all.

Crystal said...

Wonderful collection! I really like the pumpkin!

Penless Thoughts said...

What a lovely collection of cookie jars. Do you display them all together?
Susan

Susie said...

Love all your cookie jars :)
My daughter would dearly love the Mary E jar..
I personally think the Mammy one is so special. One of my grandchildren calls me that :)
BTW I never put cookies in mine either and also use a plastic tub..
hugs!

nannykim said...

what an interesting collection; love them all--so cheerful!! Love the little cat mat too. And what a happy pumpkin!! Wonderful show and tell;-)

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts said...

They are all so cute! I have one in the shape of a little cottage, but I don't keep cookies in it any more, either, for the same reason.

Sara said...

What a fun collection of cookie jars you have!

Quinne said...

Hi Cathy :) Your cookie jars are wonderful - what a fun thing to collect! My favorites are that precious jack and the snowman. Thanks for sharing them! Blessings, Q

Sondra said...

I just love your cookie jars! What a great thing to collect!

Anita said...

What, that really is an amazing collection of cookie jars! They made me smile because a lady of my pottery group is currently working on a santa claus cookie jar, too - made of clay, of course. I am already so curious to admire Santa when the will come out of the kiln!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Wow! Great cookie jar collection! I like all of them! So glad to see someone collect a lot of things like I do! My scarecrow collection is posted if you would like to see it!

Katherine

Mockingbird Hill said...

I am also a cookie jar collector. I think the newest one is an old Pillsbury Doughboy, but my McCoy Mammy is my treasure! Love yours...and the mat under the pumpkin is too cute. Made by you??

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Love your collection............
I also have a question about the penney rugs.........did you make them and where can I get the pattern for the one under the pumpkin cookie jar?