Friday, December 28, 2007

Show & Tell Friday--Friends Warm the Heart


It's the last Show & Tell Friday for the year and what a snowy and cold one it is. A perfect winter day!

Doesn't everyone have a best friend and favorite doll and a teddy bear too. I thought I'd share this cute little pair all huddled up on this cold winters day. I made the Annie a few years ago and she is one of my very favorites. If I had a look a like doll it would be her. LOL! Ted E Bear was made by my very dear friend Donna Balfanz a couple of years ago and he and Annie are the best of friends. They are snuggled up in a remnant of an old quilt that someone many years ago, spent many hours stitching by hand and it is still being enjoyed today. The heart and lamp are also gifts received from friends and the tea kettle once brought warmth to someoone's, but now it's old and dinged and a rememberance of days gone by.


Grab a cup of cocoa and head on over to Kelli's and visit all of the other Show & Tell Fridays and enjoy this winter day.

14 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh how very sweet is that scene! Your annie is very cute and looks great snuggled up with the bear in front of the snow scene outside your window. Blessings...

Persuaded said...

How sweet... I love how you have grouped these things together. You have a great "eye":-)

SK and Family said...

Very cute!!
:)Kat
http://www.xanga.com/sassykat1213

Hootin' Anni said...

Awwwwwwww, I love this.

Mine's shared, won't you drop by if you can?

MammyT said...

I love them. The quilt, as well. And what a lovely setting, the lighting, and all. You DO have a good eye.
Nancy

Sondra said...

How cute they look wrapped up in the blanket together!

Barbara H. said...

What a lovely vignette they make there! So sweet!

Penless Thoughts said...

Love the way you display them with the blanket around them. Cute!!
Susan

Suzy said...

I love that cozy shot!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy new year!

Jendi said...

Such a nice picture. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling just looking at it!

I wish our rain here would turn to snow. . .

Amanda said...

What great keepsakes. They definitely look cozy. :)

Anita said...

Ooooohhhh, what a sweet picutre indeed! They both look more than adorable!!!!

So you had snow for Christmas? Lucky you, I was dreaming of a white winter wonderland, too but all we get these days is cold, rain and wind! ;-(((

Best wishes from Germany and Happy New Year!

Anita

Shelley said...

Hello Dear Cathy, my name is Shelley. I have been here a few times now and I really love your blog. This little gathering you have here in your post is the sweetest thing. I love dolls, I always have,and also have a big fondness for Teddy's.I plan to come back often to visit. May I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year !

Blessings,Shelley

Martie said...

I love your friends! They look so snuggly warm there by the window!

Blessings,
~Martie