Friday, March 7, 2008

Show & Tell Friday


It has been brought to my attention by my sister Rhonda--aka closet clicker--she evidentally hides in the closet at work and sneaks computer time. (Don't worry Rhonda I'm pretty sure Dr Gartman doesn't read my blog). LOL!--Anyway she noticed that I have missed a couple of Show & Tells, so I'm back on track--for this week at least.

I thought I would share my first quilt top that I've made. I've been quilting for about 5 years now, but have yet to actually finish an entire quilt. I am very good at starting them however--that get points too doesn't it? I just seem to have a problem getting anything past the completed top stage--well and several not even that far. Oh well I'm sure I'll get there. If not in the mean time I shall live life gleefully stashing fabric and piecing it into beautiful, however imperfect blocks.



This pattern is Crazy Among Friends by Buggy Barn. I love their folkartsy whimsical patterns--and the fact that I don't have to be absolutely perfect--yet! I did this one as a Block of the Month with one of our local quilt shops. I doing BOM's and would like to do more---one of these days.


Just a bit closer of a view. These blocks were so fun to do, because each set of matching blocks is cut out in a stack and then you shuffle the fabric in that stack and voila! It's a surprise to see how each block turns out.

Now for a personal note to my sister--Rhonda you need to take up quilting! It's the perfect thing to do to keep you occupied now that you are totally kidless and have lots of time on your hands. ;) You could be the closet quilter! Just don't leave any pins or needles for Dr Gartman to sit on and be sure to pick any tell tale stray threads off of your scrubs before you leave the closet.

I hope you'll pop over to Kelli's House--our wonderful hostess of Show & Tell Friday and see what our other blogging friends have to share today. Happy Friday Everyone!