Friday, March 7, 2008

Show & Tell Friday


It has been brought to my attention by my sister Rhonda--aka closet clicker--she evidentally hides in the closet at work and sneaks computer time. (Don't worry Rhonda I'm pretty sure Dr Gartman doesn't read my blog). LOL!--Anyway she noticed that I have missed a couple of Show & Tells, so I'm back on track--for this week at least.

I thought I would share my first quilt top that I've made. I've been quilting for about 5 years now, but have yet to actually finish an entire quilt. I am very good at starting them however--that get points too doesn't it? I just seem to have a problem getting anything past the completed top stage--well and several not even that far. Oh well I'm sure I'll get there. If not in the mean time I shall live life gleefully stashing fabric and piecing it into beautiful, however imperfect blocks.



This pattern is Crazy Among Friends by Buggy Barn. I love their folkartsy whimsical patterns--and the fact that I don't have to be absolutely perfect--yet! I did this one as a Block of the Month with one of our local quilt shops. I doing BOM's and would like to do more---one of these days.


Just a bit closer of a view. These blocks were so fun to do, because each set of matching blocks is cut out in a stack and then you shuffle the fabric in that stack and voila! It's a surprise to see how each block turns out.

Now for a personal note to my sister--Rhonda you need to take up quilting! It's the perfect thing to do to keep you occupied now that you are totally kidless and have lots of time on your hands. ;) You could be the closet quilter! Just don't leave any pins or needles for Dr Gartman to sit on and be sure to pick any tell tale stray threads off of your scrubs before you leave the closet.

I hope you'll pop over to Kelli's House--our wonderful hostess of Show & Tell Friday and see what our other blogging friends have to share today. Happy Friday Everyone!

20 comments:

Constance said...

How fun! You might not have your tops finished but that's more than most of us! I enjoyed the splashes of color! Thanks for sharing!
Connie

Char said...

Oh how I wish I knew how to make a quilt. What talent you have. Have a great day.

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Cathy! That is beautiful! Lots of work I can see. Can't wait to see it totally completed.
-Karoline

Robin said...

Wow...I love that !! you at least have taken the plunge...I talk talk talk about wanting to quilt...half of all my favorites in my computer are Quilting sites....let's see, I have tons of quilting magazines...have I even started a quilt or even a BLOCK ???....no....
You did an amazing job on that top, and yes, Love Buggy Barns designs ..love the whimsical prims....
Robin

Anonymous said...

What beautiful quilt squares. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to sew that but I do enjoy looking at them!

Blessings,

Gina

www.simplyheartandhome.com

I'm sorry I have to put my link here. It doesn't seem to "take" in the name/url box

Hootin' Anni said...

Very interesting piece of work!! Now the whole WORLD knows about Rhonda. But my lips are sealed.

Unless Dr. G bribes me.

:::giggles:::

Have a great weekend, hope you can drop by my show n tell if you haven't already.

T=ME said...

Another work of art! I have tagged you. Go to my blog for the how to's. Great art! Terri

Heather said...

I love it!! Very primitive and whimsical. And don't worry, you'll get it quilted one day. Until then, just proudly call yourself a "topper!" Finishing the top is half the battle. ;o)

Mica Garbarino said...

I love it.. it is very colorful !!! Nice work !!! Mica

stace said...

i thought about taking up quilting, but decided against it.....after seeing this, i just might.....beautiful quilt

Penless Thoughts said...

That is a lovely quilt top. I love the colors.
Susan

Connie Marie said...

Beautiful quilt!

Linda said...

I love your quilt..very Americana. I like to quilt too. I have a couple to finish up myself. Linda

Suzanne said...

It's beautiful Cathy, and looks as if it was lots of work! I think I'd take a break before finishing it too!

Jewelgirl said...

It is very colorful & fun!
I could not make something like this with my non-existant sewing
ability.

cookie said...

Your quilt top has such a wonderful personality. I really enjoyed seeing what you have made.
Cookie

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Akinol said...

See Here

Mary said...

Hi, Cathy!

I remember you! Ah, quilting...I started quilting around 7 or 8 years ago! Finished several quilts and had them machine quilted. To me that's the only way to go ~ otherwise those projects would still be sitting, like a few others ~ hand quilting started, but abandoned in favor of a newly found creative art form! I'll have to remember to do a quilting post some time! Loved visiting your sites!

~Mary~

Huckleberry Arts said...

You have been given the "You Make My Day" award. Visit my blog to find out more.

http://primcreek.blogspot.com/


I Love reading and visiting your blog.

Have a beautiful day!
Annette