Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Show Me Wednesday--Your Everyday Dishes

Welcome to Show Me~Wednesday! Here's how it works....Each week we have a theme of what we would like to see. Snap a photo for us and post it on your blog and then fill out the Mr. Linky below with your blog name and blog addy and it'll automatically add you to the list so other bloggers can come and see what you are sharing.

Feel free to add the banner above to your post (right click and save it to your own computer please), so it makes it easier for guests arriving at your blog to find your Show Me~ Wednesday post.

Each week we'll also list the theme for the coming week--at the very bottom of the post, so you can prepare and be ready to share!

Don't forget and leave comments where you visit. We all love to hear from our visitors.


This Weeks Theme--Show Me Your Everyday Dishes




These have been our everyday dishes for almost 27 years now and I still love them. It is the Village pattern by Pfaltzgraff. I bought them in 1979, the year I graduated high school with the money I received as gifts and they went into my hope chest until I got married in 1981. Originally the set had a place setting for 16, but through the years and 3 kids I'm down to only 8 plates and I've lost all of the cereal bowls, all but 3 cups, 1 platter and a few saucers. I would like to start seriously adding to it and get back to my original place setting for 16--sure comes in handy when you have company. Yes they are my good dishes too, since I have no china--another thing I would like to have. Can you believe no china! It's been a good and loyal set of dishes all these years and I hope to use them for many, many more!

Ok, your turn. We want to see your Everyday Dinner Dishes however you'd like to display them and please tell us a bit about them. Just fill out the Mr. Linky below, so we can all take a peek.

************************************************************************************



************************************************************************************



Next Week's Theme
Show Me Your-- Dressform or Mannequin

That's right we want to see your Dressform or mannequin, no matter whether they are big or small or in between and if you dress your Dressform/mannequin make sure she's ready for the party and please tell us if she has a name.

Also if anyone has any suggestions of what you'd like to see in future Show Me Wednesdays, then please post it here and I'll add it to the list.

Thank you!

12 comments:

papel1 said...

Your dishes are lovely, and I especially like the way they are arranged on the shelf.
Judy

Gayle said...

Cathy - I had those same dishes years and years ago, and for some dumb reason got rid of them! Grrrr.... I do see pieces all the time in the thrift stores - do you want me to pick some up for you?

Primgal55 said...

Hi Cathy,

Good old Pfaltzgraff huh? I love mine and they have served me well over the years too. Thanks for sharing,

hugs, Linda

DJ said...

Hi again Cathy! I posted on last weeks post, then realized I needed to post here. I think I have it right now!
Thanks for the fun!

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

So pretty!

Smiles,
Lea

Angie in AZ said...

I found this site through DJ Pettitt and have now posted my dishes on my site, as boring as they are. The box of China in my storage shed, still in the original box from more than 22 years ago, was a wedding gift but not really my taste... you know that 80's mauve that was so popular? Well, that's the band color around the edge and so NOT my taste. It makes me feel sick to look at it... not a good thing to have on a dinner plate! YIKES! I really should get rid of it.

LBP said...

I love your dishes. I am a dish-a-holic! I have several sets (that totaly take up more room than I have).

I have seen some pieces of you dishes at thrift stores for very good prices.
Blessings

Linda

Nellie said...

I love your dishes and the colors are awesome. You have them displayed nicely. Thanks for sharing...

Nellei

linda t said...

Oooh, just found your blog through Angie Platton.
I am sooo excited for next Wednesday! I adore my dress form! I'll be posting for sure!
Now I need to read more of your past posts!

Stephanie said...

Hi! Love your dishes! My mother has that same pattern, too!

Ooooh, I see where the next Show Me is Dressforms! I've already posted all mine just last month, but can I link up to my previous posts & join you gals?!?

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Ruth Rae said...

a little late but I just got up my dishes! what fun yours are!
I am all set for the dress forum and will be on time... but please oh pleasssse lets all show off our sewing mechines next!

Stephanie said...

I love those, I see them occasionally at goodwills and sales. They are a pretty pattern!!
Stephanie