Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Few More Treasures

I thought I'd share some of the other treasures I found last week while down visiting my brother. I can't wait to go back again. Gotta save my pennies, so I can bring home the adorable sock elephant I found and so much more!



Here's the rest of the loot I brought home. My favorite is the repro china head doll that I've named Josianne. I just love that name and I think it fits her. Miss Joisanne needs a new dress desperately as you can see by her scanty outfit she came in. (Oh and yes--that peach color is the color of our bedroom and the bathroom and the hallway--one of these days I would love to change it and no I'm not the one who painted it that color. LOL! ).


A little bit closer view of Josianne.....



......also found the cute little plastic jewlery box, a china hand for my hand collection and a pretty little doily with pink and white roses that I need to work on blocking....and I love Josianne's little pudgey legs!......


......a pink dresser box, pink rose teacup and a pink heart pincushion. I love these heart pincushions and have about 5 or 6 from very small to this larger one. I need oh about 50 or so more for my collection before it's complete. ;) ......



.....now this little piece I found a while back and hadn't shared it yet and my sister Rhonda wanted to see it. It's a little perfume bottle I had in the early 60's when I was about 5 years old and my mother was an Avon Lady----Ding Dong Avon Calling!--Anyone remember that! .......



.....then I found this beautiful blue and white platter. It fits perfectly with all of my other old mis-matched china pieces......



....last but not least is this adorable little Raggedy Ann & Andy book tote given to me by my sweet neice Melissa. She knows I love Raggedy Ann & Andy, so she knew I'd love this and I do.

I would say in the past few weeks I've definitely been well blessed with new found treasures!

8 comments:

country cottage said...

Great treasurers you found. I just had to comment on your little Avon doll perfume bottle. I had that very same one too. I just loved it. I kept it displayed on my dresser. I don't know what ever happened to it. One day a few years ago I found one at a flea market and of course I had to buy it. Thanks for sharing all your treasures.

Mary said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Cathy! Unfortunately my heart-headed valentine doll didn't sell on eBay ~ ended last night with no bids, but 12 watchers. Makes it so hard to decide whether or not to relist...

Hey! I have one of those satin quilted dresser boxes like your pink one ~ it's a light nile green tho. What wonderful finds you have posted on your blog! I enjoyed looking at (or should I say coveting)) all your treasures!

Warm regards,

Mary

Paula @ the Little Young House said...

Oh, I love the hand! I also collect them, but I've never seen one quite like this one! Does it have a mark?

Melinda Cornish said...

My mom had a perfume bottle like that except hers had fuzzy hair.. i love the dolls legs too...so quaint....Melinda

Rhonda said...

I love all of the pink stuffs! Way cool. Didn't you love that store Greg took you to. That bag Melissa gave you...Syd had the whole set for her room at my house when she was in the crib. I should have sent it to you when I was done with it...sorry. Love the Avon bottle. She has not aged one bit. But the plate is to die for...put my stickie on it ok!

I am curious about the sock elephant?

The jealous Sista
Rhonda

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oh what fun you had shopping for treasures!!! Your finds are just wonderful! In my book, there's nothing much more fun than spending some time treasure hunting!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cathy, what great treasures, I really like your antique doll you found and platter. Can't wait to see what you do for your PIF's gifties. I'm working on mine at this time.
Blessings,
Bonnie

Angie said...

Beautiful treasures!!! I love them all!