Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beautiful Blogging Party--Why I Love Blogging

It's here! The Beautiful Blogging Party hosted by Joy of Cupids Charm. Joy has asked us to share why we love blogging, so.........................




I love blogging, because it is a way to connect and share with wonderful people all over the world that I would otherwise never get to meet or come to know. It's a creative outlet and sometimes it's even a motivator to get a project finished—just so it can be shared with others. I've met many other bloggers, made new friends, swapped wonderful handmades, participated in a PIF (Pay It Forward), helped others with a couple of tutorials, inspired others—they tell me anyway, there a wonderful tours to take, soirees and parties to attend, recipes to share. I've learned so much from reading other bloggers shares of their lives and creations. It's a way to travel the world while sitting right here in my own home. It has opened new avenues for me and has truly been inspirational and immensely enjoyable. So here's to more blogging—both writing and reading!


As a little party favor and thank for you visiting my blog I would like to share with you a few vintage images that you are welcome to save to your computer and use however you'd like. (Be sure to click on them, so you can save them larger). And don't forget to hop on over and check out all of the other wonderful blogs participating in the party too.

Happy Blogging!









12 comments:

The French Bear said...

Hi, I just came upon your blog through Jodie's, and I have to say, Wow!! I love your blog! I love pincushions and those baby shoes!!! I will have to come back after work, but I just had to say hello and what a charming place you have here!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Debby said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blog, so much eye candy. Glad to have met you through the blog party.
Debby

Smilingsal said...

What a good tribute to blogging. Please come visit.

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

Saucy said...

Oh my Cathy, your post (and your blog) is lovely. I am glad these parties happen so we can find nice blogs to visit.

Come and visit me sometime... but apparently not today as Blogger has lost 38,000 blogs temporarily and of course, one of them had to be mine, on this party day :(

Sares said...

Hello Cathy,
Your blog is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing why you love to blog and for sharing the lovely vintage images, I took a couple of them for myself, a girl can never have too many! Have a splendid day!

char72 said...

Thank you for the lovely vintage photos. I know I will be using them soon.
I've enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog.
Happy Blog Party Day!
Charlotte

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Cathy ~ loved reading your blog and getting to know you. I love that you love sewing. It seems to be a lost art in a way. Love the images in this post as well! Have a great day! ~Stacy~

msartist said...

Happy Blog Party! Glad to meet you. Such beautiful images you are sharing! You have a lovely blog. I love the vintage thimbles and scissor holder you have.
I hope you get a chance to visit my blog. I am sure I will be back often to see what you are creating and posting.
~Theresa

bj said...

Hi..just came over from the blogging party. You have a delightful blog and I am going to spend a little time and read more.
Hope you will stop by my place when you can...
xo bj

bj said...

Just to let you know I signed up to follow you...:O)

dragonflydreamer said...

Hi Cathy, it's so nice to meet you and find your blog. I am a straggler from the party. I am getting ready to go into the hospital for surgery in the a.m., but my DH or son is sneaking my laptop to me so I am excited about coming back to spend some time here post-surgery. I want to learn how to sew and I've asked for an IOU for an inexpensive begginer's sewing machine for Mother's Day. I must follow you and your beautiful creations. So kind and generous of you to share your passion through tutorials and such. I'd love for you to stop by and visit me at my new blog (dragonflydreamerdesigns) when you have a moment. I welcome feedback. I am still stumbling and learning how to set everything up in blogger. My stardustmoonbeams blog started as a way to be able to leave comments when I first discovered blogs and it grew like an unplanned garden. I considered deactivating it, but have decided to keep it to share memories and my healing process with my sons and anyone else who may find some comfort there.

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hello Cathy! I wanted to stop by and thank you for participating in the Beautiful Blogging Party!! I hope you enjoyed the event and also enjoyed meetings lots of new bloggers. Have a beautiful week ~ Joy