Friday, May 1, 2009

A Message To My Dad

My sister, Rhonda, told me that while our mother is in the hospital recouperating from open heart surgery (she had this on her 69th birthday of all days) that she was going to get my dad set up with his laptop and show him my blog, so I thought I'd post a message to him here just in case he really does get to my blog.

Hi Daddy, are you on the internet? Are you visiting my blog? Make sure to click around the photos and on the pictures in my left hand sidebar and scroll down to near the bottom and click on the words "older posts" to go to the next page---there are lots and lots of pages! If you click on something in the sidebar you'll have to hit the back button to come back here or easier yet, right click and select open in new window or new tab, then you won't lose where you were at. Do you have your email addy yet? Email me if you do. So do you remember this photo......Who are those people?



In the photo are my mom and dad, blondie is my sister Rhonda, my brother Greg and then me--about age 10 (1971).

When you get bored here you can always go to Google and read all about gardening, goats and tractors. You'll learn more than you ever wanted to. Hope you enjoy your trip around the web.

The best behaved child,

Cathy Ü

PS--what's the update on Mom.

PSS--Update on Mom to those who have asked (thank you)--I talked to her for just a couple of minutes earlier today and she's sitting up and sounds good--a little druggy, but good. I'm very surprised she's sitting up and I hadn't expected to be able to talk to her for several more days. She says the beds are not very comfortable and most of the tubes have come out, so that's all good news!

6 comments:

Cindy B said...

To Cathy's dad..Best wishes and prayers are being said for your dear wife! Cathy, You know I sincerely am wishing her a speedy recovery ...what a great way for dad to spend some free time until mom returns home.

Old Glory Soldiers said...

Hi Cathy's Mom -- Happy Birthday and Prayers and Wishes are with you for a speedy recovery!

Hi Cathy's Dad -- you will find a lot of great reading here with everything that Cathy has packed in here and all of the great links. My Prayers and Thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery for your wife.

Cathy -- please keep us up-to-date on your mother's progress!

God Bless,
Tina

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi Cathy, I am coming to you by way of Robyn cash strapped crafting about your tutorials on bird gussets and printing on fabric..I too am LDS and live in Washington state..I love your busy bee blog too..I am adding you to my daily list of reading...we have family (hubbys side) that live in boise and preston we are from utah originally...hubby is not a member...still working on that one..:) have a wonderful weekend and I hope your mom is healing nicely...:)I hope your dad does see your blog and enjoys it..I wish my mom had one...so she could keep up on what I am up too...

dragonflydreamer said...

Hi Cathy's Dad! I think this is the sweetest thing and it has made my day (which is saying a lot because I have surgery tomorrow a.m. and am a bit anxious). I'd love to be able to get my Mom a laptop and introduce her to my blog(s) and all of the beauty, love, and inspiration in this wonderful blogosphere. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Mom. I will remember you all in my prayers.

Rhonda said...

DON'T I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY!

Rhonda

Cathy's Little Sista

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Cathy!
I loved this message to your dad. The pic of your family is great, I especially love the Christmas tree set up in the playpen. hehe I think my parents did that too when we were young!
-Karoline