Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here Turkey, Turkey

Halloween is put away and the turkeys have come out! But only for a few short weeks. Thanksgiving is almost here! This must be the shortest month of the year! I thought I'd share a bit of my turkey collection with you today......

This ugly little guy--who I really think is quite cute now is the one that started the whole thing. A few years ago I found him in a thrift store and thought that is the ugliest turkey I've ever seen. I felt so sorry for him and rather intriqued by him and thought I should give him a good home. Little did I know that he was part of a whole flock of ugly turkeys that I would feel compelled to bring home and a new collection was born.....


....the pilgrim lady and indian were my very first pieces bought years ago. Since I am English/Irish and the husband is part Cherokee, I thought this was a good pairing......


....turkeys come in all colors I've discovered........


...my piligrim lady cookie jar. I just love her! However she really needs a Mr. Pilgrim to go with her--I have yet to find one.....



....a really big, ugly turkey. Don't you just love him!.....



....my indian couple guarding their flock.......



....big grey Tom......



...big colorful Tom......




.....not so big little turkey guy....


.....plain turkey with crooked head.....


.....turkeys in the kitchen.......


.....The End......of the pictures, not of the collecting...........Gobble! Gobble!

11 comments:

Connie said...

Okay, okay, so my face doesn't look like a turkey but my neck is starting to, sugar!! Love Bunny says I'm NUTS but I know it IS!!!! *Sigh*......
xoxo,
Connie

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I am so envious! What lovely turkeys you have!
My house is still Halloween. My husband can pack everything beautifully in a few boxes, but he has been too busy with work. If I packed it up, it would take 2 times as much space, so I have to wait. Boo.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

How lucky! You have lots of Thanksgiving decorations.

I don't have as many but really have to get the ones I have, out. [And sushhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell, but I have to put away my Halloween decorations too! -sushhhhhhhhh- Don't tell!] ,-)

Aunt Amelia

Paula said...

Happy Tuesday, Connie!

Love the turkey collection! As a child, I loved Thanksgiving. My grandmother was a kindergarten teacher and had so many wonderful projects that I loved to do, and one of my favorites was to make turkeys out of apples. Too bad I couldn't save them from year to year, but I never minded making a new one!

Hope you're enjoying this autumn season!

Paula

Jenna Z said...

Ooh, they're so lovely! I collect turkeys too! They only come out in the fall but I love them all year round. I love real live turkeys too, my sister had the most beautiful turkey for many years, a gorgeous royal palm. I loved his snowy white feathers with delicate dark edges. I'll have to take pictures of my buffet with my turkey flock on top!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love your ugly collection of turkeys..I don't they are ugly..

June said...

Hi Cathy,
Now that's a lot of gobble...gobble! I love them.
Hey sister, I'm English and Irish too!
Hugs,
june

Pam said...

Wow, that is some turkey collection! and you're right, some of them are rather ugly, sorry. But I love that whole collection. I do! Have to say though that the Pilgrim lady is rather special. :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I love your turkey collection! I think turkey's are cute! I never get around to decorating for Thanksgiving. Your decorations are beautiful. Have a nice day! Twyla

Jen Anderson said...

Love the turkeys! The cookie jar looks more like a dutch woman than a pilgrim to me. Maybe you can keep her out year round.

Catherine said...

I think your turkeys are very COOL! What a great collection!