Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here Turkey, Turkey

Halloween is put away and the turkeys have come out! But only for a few short weeks. Thanksgiving is almost here! This must be the shortest month of the year! I thought I'd share a bit of my turkey collection with you today......

This ugly little guy--who I really think is quite cute now is the one that started the whole thing. A few years ago I found him in a thrift store and thought that is the ugliest turkey I've ever seen. I felt so sorry for him and rather intriqued by him and thought I should give him a good home. Little did I know that he was part of a whole flock of ugly turkeys that I would feel compelled to bring home and a new collection was born.....


....the pilgrim lady and indian were my very first pieces bought years ago. Since I am English/Irish and the husband is part Cherokee, I thought this was a good pairing......


....turkeys come in all colors I've discovered........


...my piligrim lady cookie jar. I just love her! However she really needs a Mr. Pilgrim to go with her--I have yet to find one.....



....a really big, ugly turkey. Don't you just love him!.....



....my indian couple guarding their flock.......



....big grey Tom......



...big colorful Tom......




.....not so big little turkey guy....


.....plain turkey with crooked head.....


.....turkeys in the kitchen.......


.....The End......of the pictures, not of the collecting...........Gobble! Gobble!