Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Date Book & Updates


I've got a nasty cold and have fallen behind in my blogging duties! I'm behind in posting and behind in my blog reading! And behind in keeping up the Blog Events Dex blog. Oh there's so much that has happened in Blogland that I've missed!


Other news......my dear husband has finally went back to work after being out of work for 10 months and we moved our oldest daughter (26) out of the house, so now I have a spare room to turn into an exercise room! Right now it's empty and I have no exercise equipment, so I guess I can just walk circles around it until I can get an eliptical, treadmill and stationery bike and an extra tv. I think I'll be walking circles for quite sometime. LOL!

The halloween decorations are being packed away and the turkey collection is coming out! I have gingerbread cookies to make to decorate my November tree with and Thanksgiving dinner plans to make. I also have a couple of swaps to finish and get started on—pictures coming as things progress.


And now for my new 2010 date book......




Birds of a Feather by Jean Lowe and Greg Johnson (Andrews McMeel Publishing Co). It's so lovely! This is the front cover and the picture above it is the back cover. See I told ya it was pretty. It looks like a turn of the century ledger. (I ordered it through Amazon.com)



At the start of each season is a beautiful scrappy page with a pretty bird...........




....and wonderful verse to go with it.....




....and on every other page is also a little bird shadow with a quote. Beautiful and inspirational.

I think instead of using it as a datebook, I'm going to use it more as a journal. I'm an awful journal keeper, so I'm thinking surely I can fill in this much space each day or close to each day and then tuck in little mementos here and there. I'm looking for some pretty paper to go along with it, so that on the rare occasion when I have more to say than will fit into the allotted space I can have it overflow onto the pretty paper and tuck it into the proper page. I love this book and it's been so inspiring already and I haven't even begun to use it!

10 comments:

T=ME said...

Cathy hope you are feeling much better. Great news that your hubby is back at work!And a exercise room................you go girl!
I have the same journal that you are showing. It was a swap present from last year. I have been using mine as a journal and it has helped me to put my feels down in words. It is so beautiful. I'll have to order another one for the coming year. Feel better my friend! Hugs, Terri

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Cathy:
I was fortunate to win this journal as part of a giveaway gift package from Debra of A Common Ground (http://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/2009/10/gifts-from-debra-of-common-ground.html) I absolutely love it, and think I'll use it next year to chronicle my creative endeavors.
Stop by and visit some time. I love company!
xoxo
Donna

Connie said...

I'm glad you're back, honey! Hope you're feeling better and that's GREAT news about hubby being back to work, sugar!!!! Whooohooooo....
xoxo,
Connie

Catherine said...

Very happy to hear your husband is back at work and I think the Date Book is lovely. I sure do enjoy your blog!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Sorry about the cold!

So happy about husband being back to work!

^_^

June said...

Cathy your datebook is beautiful! That might be enough to inspire me to do a little journaling as well. I used to be so faithful at it. Then I fell off the wagon.
I'm so happy to hear that the hubs is back to work!
Hugs,
June

SharDon Exclusives said...

Cathy, Thank the Lord your hubby finally got a job! I am sorry that you are not feeling good. So many bloggers are ill and now I am wondering if you can catch all these bugs through the computer...lol
Your journal is WONDERFUL! It would take me a year just to be able to jot one note in it because it is so beautiful....
Are there more available? I love it that much,
Sharon

Cynthia K. said...

Well, you do have some wonderful things going on. Congratulations on your husband going back to work - what a tremendous relief and blessing for both of you. And it is lovely to have your daughter in her own place and you an extra room. What a lovely little luxury - another room to decorate! Even if you do get exercise equipment.

That is a fabulous datebook/journal. Very, very special.

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Gayle said...

BEautiful journal! I'm glad you're feeling better - there's lots of nasty stuff going around!

The Feathered Nest said...

Cathy, I just love this date book!!! I want one! What a great idea to use it as a journal too ~ xxoo, Dawn