Saturday, September 25, 2010

Creating Vintage Charm Party

Welcome to my little corner of the Creating Vintage Charm Party hosted by Sonia Crouse.

This is the launch party for the beautiful new magazine Vintage Charm. You won't want to miss it!

I love collecting and decorating vintage, because it is so soft and gentle and I love to think of the person who owned a piece before I did and what type of person she might have been. Would we have been friends? What is the story behind the piece and why did it end up in the thrift store--lucky me!

I thought I'd share a few vintage corners in my little cottage for the party today, so I hope you will enjoy them and make sure to visit the other blogs on the block as well. Lots of pretties to be enjoyed............



This is Mae--Mae West. Mae is my wire dress form, that I decided to have a little fun with. I had a vision in mind and then started gathering things and adding them to her and this is how her outfit turned out.........the top hat was worn by Jim many years ago, the lace was just sitting waiting to be used, the roses always seemed to be floating around looking for a home............



and the bowl--well I always wanted to add something inside her cage like body and the bowl fit, was different and pulled all the colors together.......




...then there is Betty my 1930's dress form in her current vintage attire.....




....a new little spot on my bedroom wall that a friend helped me pull together as we were pawing through stuff in boxes.....I had always intended to stitch up this lovely little french needlepoint piece, but I also thought it was pretty as is printed on it's canvas, but it was stark white, so I tea dyed it and......


then hung it with my vintage purse frame (again another unstarted project) and then added this postcard from the early 1900's. It's a work in progress. I have a pocket watch to add to it and am waiting for more inspiration to hit. Any ideas anyone?.......



....some of you have seen this photo recently....it's a little spot on the wall in the powder room..



.....and this is right next to it on the opposing wall. The lace piece is actually the top part of a ladies camisole from the 1920's or 30's.....




........two china plates that I just love and I glued together for a fun new vintage look......





....the top of the toilet tank.....an old white china bowl where I plan to collect some fun soaps. I hope to add a dress form shaped soap to it and a cameo soap too.



.....and this is what that little corner of the powder room looks like all put together.......

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today. I hope you've enjoyed my little bits of vintage. If you look in the next post down there are some more vintage spots from my sewing room......

........and if you'll click on the banner below you can enjoy even more bits and pieces of vintage charmings.................


11 comments:

A Cottage Muse said...

Very cute! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Mary said...

Oh Cathy, I just love Betty! My kind of gal. :o)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

LOVE all your "vintage Charm"! I especially LOVE the double plates! Beautiful!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Such a Lost Girl said...

Very cool! I love that you bring together some of the things that you do. I love the Betty girl. But there was a little TMI with the hat! Thank you very much! Cool thing to do with the bowl in her body. I love the wall hanging. The purse frame, way cool! What a great idea! Of course the bathroom...you know I love that one! Of course the other chickie is pretty too! I have been hunting for some good stuff but just not getting the vintage stuff down here. Or maybe it is not hitting me on the creative side. I think that is it. I just had a huge shipment of vintage...REAL Antiques! come in this weekend. But I was threatened if I touched them. What the heck Patty! I could make some great little displays that you would drool over! Oh no, I think your stickeys would have fallen off in this shipment. Hehehe. Keep it up. If you want I will dicker with you over some of the load I just got in. But it would have to be only on the gbug's stuff.

The sneeky sister
Rhonda

Sonia said...

Hello Cathy,
Thank you for sharing your pretty vignettes in your home. I love how you dressed the cage like dress form.
Thank you for celebrating with me.
Hugs!!
Sonia

seanymph said...

I love how you put things together. Those two plates glued together....I just saw around where I live recently only they used it as a picture frame. They cut the photo to fit the round flat part of the dish and glued a photo in there. I loved it. I also saw a clock made like that too.

The Shanty Girl said...

Hi! Just stopping by. Loved your dress forms! I also look at items I bought and wonder whom owned them before and what the story is. Same as with old houses, I love items with a history.!!
Thanks for sharing.
Sherry

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Cathy,

Nice to meet you! What beautiful displays. I love all of them. And I really enjoyed my visit. Please come on over for a visit too. Have fun!
xo
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Couture de Papier said...

Thank you for sharing your darling Vintage Charm treasures.
http://vintagechicbride.blogspot.com

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Very lovely! I love vintage and will watch for the magazine.

Barb Phillips said...

Cathy it's so nice to see that your were able to keep and use your dress form. Love it.