Saturday, September 25, 2010

Creating Vintage Charm Party

Welcome to my little corner of the Creating Vintage Charm Party hosted by Sonia Crouse.

This is the launch party for the beautiful new magazine Vintage Charm. You won't want to miss it!

I love collecting and decorating vintage, because it is so soft and gentle and I love to think of the person who owned a piece before I did and what type of person she might have been. Would we have been friends? What is the story behind the piece and why did it end up in the thrift store--lucky me!

I thought I'd share a few vintage corners in my little cottage for the party today, so I hope you will enjoy them and make sure to visit the other blogs on the block as well. Lots of pretties to be enjoyed............



This is Mae--Mae West. Mae is my wire dress form, that I decided to have a little fun with. I had a vision in mind and then started gathering things and adding them to her and this is how her outfit turned out.........the top hat was worn by Jim many years ago, the lace was just sitting waiting to be used, the roses always seemed to be floating around looking for a home............



and the bowl--well I always wanted to add something inside her cage like body and the bowl fit, was different and pulled all the colors together.......




...then there is Betty my 1930's dress form in her current vintage attire.....




....a new little spot on my bedroom wall that a friend helped me pull together as we were pawing through stuff in boxes.....I had always intended to stitch up this lovely little french needlepoint piece, but I also thought it was pretty as is printed on it's canvas, but it was stark white, so I tea dyed it and......


then hung it with my vintage purse frame (again another unstarted project) and then added this postcard from the early 1900's. It's a work in progress. I have a pocket watch to add to it and am waiting for more inspiration to hit. Any ideas anyone?.......



....some of you have seen this photo recently....it's a little spot on the wall in the powder room..



.....and this is right next to it on the opposing wall. The lace piece is actually the top part of a ladies camisole from the 1920's or 30's.....




........two china plates that I just love and I glued together for a fun new vintage look......





....the top of the toilet tank.....an old white china bowl where I plan to collect some fun soaps. I hope to add a dress form shaped soap to it and a cameo soap too.



.....and this is what that little corner of the powder room looks like all put together.......

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today. I hope you've enjoyed my little bits of vintage. If you look in the next post down there are some more vintage spots from my sewing room......

........and if you'll click on the banner below you can enjoy even more bits and pieces of vintage charmings.................