Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday-Valentine's Day & Card Swap

Yesterday was my 50th birthday! I am now at the tippy top peak at the halfway mark of life and these next 5o years are going to be the Wheeee! years! Filled with Fun, Wonderment, Miracles, Joy, Love, Family, Friends and of course Chocolate! And lots of other Fabulous things too numerous to mention!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I hope your day is filled with Joy, Love and Chocolate!

I can't wait to share the beautiful handmade Valentine cards that I swapped with a few of my blogging friends. I still have a couple yet to arrive, but I haven't been to the mailbox yet today, so I will post them as they come along. In the meantime here are the gorgeous cards I have been so blessed to receive....................



The very first one to arrive is this darling card from Deb. Deb was so sweet and included a lovely heart hanky, pink socks, chocolates and then she made me the oh so pretty frilly spool for a birthday gift!..............




This darling little vintage girl is from Sandra Kurtz. Too sweet with that pouty little look as she's pining away for her valentine, so cutely perched inside the little envelope. Just darling and so wonderfully vintage!

And what an absolute treat to receive this awesome Tillie doll with little tuck in Tillie from Christine LeFever. The bracelet that Tillie is wearing is a piece of soldered lustreware, how pretty is that! So many beautiful details! I suggested to Christine that she should make her dolls into paper dolls someday. Wouldn't that be awesome!

This little sweety is from Kathleen Mehus and it's just as pretty on the back side as it is on the front. Kathleen said that not only was this her very first swap, but her first attempt at card making--well Kathleen you have a natural talent! It's just beautiful! I think she should make more and keep on swapping!





My friend Ru Saviello made this lovely vision in pink card. The picture does not capture all of the delightful details and the inside again is just a beautiful! So feminine and charming!


And this is what I made....a little valentine shoe. I always wanted to try making these and I found this awesome video tutorial from Artful Affirmations and just had to give it a try. They were so fun to make, that I think I will not only have to make some more, but will plan a shoe swap in the near future.

A big Thank You with a hug to all of my friends who swapped a Valentine with me. I LOVE them all! I think I'm going to figure out a way to keep and display them year round rather than pack them away. They are just too pretty! Thank you everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!