Monday, March 7, 2011

She's Here! Meet Madeline Fiona Featherweight


Isn't she beautiful! She's 60 years old and still beautiful and shiny and sews like a charm! Madeline Fiona is a Centennial Singer Featherweight. These little Centennials were made to mark Singer's 100th anniversary. I have wanted a featherweight for many years and so I decided that this was going to be my 50th birthday present to me!

She's a petite little thing. Only 11 pounds and about half the size of a full size machine and she came with attachments, a buttonholer, instruction book, case, bobbins and a few other little odds and ends. I found her for a very good price and wasn't sure just how well she'd sew, but after a good cleaning and removing a bunch of built up lint and removing old threads from her bobbin housing she just hums along and sews like a dream. I think we will have many happy and wonderful projects together in our future.

18 comments:

Michle said...

Where were lucky enough to find her?

Michle

Cher' Shots said...

She's a beauty! I have one of her older cousins on dispay. Still working condition but not quite as smoothly as in the past - much like me. Enjoy!
'hugs from afar'

Nancy said...

Congratulations on being a Featherweight owner. I love mine, and she is so easy to take to classes and retreats. Enjoy her.

Ann said...

She's a beauty!! I have my mother's Singer..a treasure! Congratulations!!!

Whimsey Creations said...

Lucky you and happy birthday! Perfect gift for it too. I used to have one like that and loved it but it didn't get much use. I don't go to retreats where I'd take it anymore so I ended up selling it to a friend. She's happy and it's not collecting dust here any more. Sure was nice to sew on though. Hugs to you!

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Congratulations! I got one a couple years ago to use while camping and I love it.

Crystelle said...

Congratulations!
You've earned her!
she looks adorable!!

Kathy said...

Oh how wonderful and you've given her such a beautiful name! I know you're going to love her.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Cathy,and your gift is beautiful. Looking for me one, someday...

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Congrats on your birthday Cathy. I am delighted that Madelaine Fiona Featherweight found her way to your studio.
Many blessings
Blondie

Cherie said...

What a wonderful gift to yourself. She's a beauty. I'm sure the 2 of you will have plenty of fun sewing experiences. Congrats! Cherie

Ewe-N-Me said...

What a beauty! Happy Birthday... what a well-deserved gift.
Deena

Lena said...

Cathy, she's wonderful! What an exciting start to "your" new year. I turned 50 a few years ago. It's such an interesting time in life. I hope you are having interesting and happy days, and that they will last for many many years to come.

deb said...

Cathy, that is awesome! Btw, Happy 50th bd.
deb

Renee said...

~Congratulations~

She's beautiful and a wonderful present. It's only right to treat oneself well on your birthday :)

-Renee

martha brown said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! You are so lucky. I'm jealous :)

West Side of Straight said...

Lucky you ! I love my Featherweight too. I remember how happy I was when I got it about 10 years ago. Enjoy!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

You are going to have so much fun using this delightful treasure. I have one too and love it!

Carolyn :)