Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me Happy Valentines To You!

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Valentine's day to you!

And some cards and things to share!


I went to the post office this afternoon and found a lovely surprise from my friend Terri P in Chicago. She sent me that adorable red apron in the back--to go with my red and yellow kitchen and the beautiful tea pot, with rose bouquet, rose cup & saucer and the little rose picture. She knows me to a tee! All things I LOVE! Thank you, thank you Terri!
The cake is a delicious 4 layer black forest. Yum!


And remember my Handmade Valentine Card swap. Well here are the photos from it, plus a few other Valentines that I received as well.



This little beauty is from Jayne C. So delicate and pretty with the little glittered cherub, pink pearls and eyelet trimmed edges.


From Mary B (Jayne's mother), I received this darling card with sentiments of smile, wish, dance and sweet! Perfect!


Look how sweet the inside of Mary's card is. Just adorable!



How sweet is this little vintage school girl and those beautiful roses with just the right touch of glitter by Evelyn H. Just darling!




This one by Kathy L of Cottage Garden Quilter is so very pretty and dainty just like the envelopes--yes it came in two delicate and dainty envelopes just as beautiful as the card. Kathy and I have exchanged cards for the past 2 or 3 years and they are always just lovely!




What an adorable cupid! Made by Gen H of Ewenique Treasures Very vintagey in the black and white with the music print and the bits of added color here and there.



From Jean T came this little card with chocolates and raspberry hugs--oh yeah! Needless to say they didn't last long!




Don't you just love this vintage sewing collage by Linda M of Nothing But Blue Skies. This card is loaded with all kinds of little treasures. It's an easel card--very clever idea--and Linda has a wonderful tutorial on her blog on how to make an easel card, so make sure to check it out.





This Valentine was made by my sister Rhonda and is from an old piece of wood from where she used to live in Arkansas and is embellished by lots of fun little bits and bobs--love the tiny little rhinestone heart.




A modern day vintage valentine by Kim L, which is really a little heart pocket filled with 3 more little Valentines. How cute is that!




This cute little tiger was sent by Dawn S. What's fun is one of these days all of these wonderful Valentine cards will be vintage themselves and an awesome collection since I have several years worth.



Darlene of Chicken Scratch Farm crafted this beautiful card that says to Love and Believe--two of my favorite sentiments and the little piece with the roses on it looks so much like a piece of broken china. I love broken china and never thought about doing it in paper. Very clever!



And lastly is the hanky doll, which is what I made for the swap. These were so fun to make and I plan to definitely make more. You can find a complete tutorial with 2 different Victorian scrap ladies to print and use HERE.

It's been a fabulous birthday! My kids gave me an awesome bluray player and then this evening friends treated me to dinner--and not only did they sing Happy Birthday to me, but the others in the restaurant did too! Oh my! LOL!

I have so enjoyed swapping all of these wonderful cards with everyone and look forward to it again for next year! I have quite the collection anymore and they are each so very unique, beautiful and cherished.

Thank you for all of the absolutely awesome cards!

Wishing each of you a fabulous Valentine's day filled with lots of Love, Joy and Chocolate!