Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello Kitty As A Pincushion

Hello Kitty is a now a pincushion and she's headed to school!


My 12 yro daughter is taking sewing in school and of course needed a pincushion as part of her supplies and according to her, a dumb old tomato pincushion (which I love!) just would not do!

Since Hello Kitty is one of her all time favorites that's what or who she decided would replace the everyday, ho-hum tomato pincushion (which I love!).

I found her Hello Kitty coloring book and photo copied a nice sized Hello Kitty head and went from there. I used white wool for the face and a dark hot pink wool for the back, stuffed it with polyfil and crushed walnut shells, embroidered the features and then added a strip of twill tape to the back side with her name inked into it and viola! A Hello Kitty pincushion surely not to be found repeated by any of her classmates.

Yes Jennalee, I hear you! I will make you one too. Two girls--two of everything!