Monday, July 18, 2016

Where Blogger's Create ~ 2016 ~ Welcome to My Sewing Room!


 Welcome to my sewing room! 

I am dusting off my old blog and joining 
Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage's Where Bloggers Create. 
At the very bottom you will find a link to the blog event and be able to view all of the wonderful, creative spaces bloggers have shared.

Ok, so let's begin the tour......... 

(click on the photos to enlarge)

This is my current sewing room. It had an overhaul about 6 months ago and believe me it really needed it!

 I wanted to face my sewing machine out into the room instead of against the wall. 
It definitely works so much better.
The table in the middle of the room is an old enamel top kitchen table that I use as a cutting table. 
Each side has a leaf that folds out and up to extend the work space.   
It sits on bed risers to help make it the perfect height for cutting.
I added a skirt around it to hide the tub of "stuff" underneath.

 A view of the room towards the windows. The room has plenty of great natural light.
Please ignore any dust and the un-vacuumed floor (the vacuum thinks it is on vacation and refuses to work).



 The other end of the room has a wall full of built in drawers and cabinets. 
Awesome for storage!
I'm not crazy about the black, but the room is light enough it's not overpowering. One of these days I  hope to paint it and add a little valance to the top of the closet opening and add a skirt to the cabinet sitting inside. It will eventually be another ironing station. 





Closer view of the wall with the "damn shelf". I call it that, because it always finds a way to fall off the wall and dump its contents. Luckily nothing has ever broken and I fixed it by screwing cup hooks into the wall and the shelf and it hasn't went anywhere in about 3 years now. I think I won. LOL! 




I have always planned to paint this shelf pink, but I am thinking that may never happen. 




Close up of the shadow box frame. I had all these little trinkets that needed a home and my oldest daughter Jennalee (The Papered Soriee on IG) put it together for me.  




Annabelle Angel a Dee Foust piece that watches over the sewing room. 


 Top of the little white hutch. One of the clocks in my clock collection. I have a thing for clocks working, non-working, parts missing. This one I found on a recent trip to Salt Lake City in a thrift store for just a couple of bucks and it does work.





Inside of the little white hutch. It holds some of the pretty little journals and cards etc. that I like to collect.



Middle section of the little white hutch. 





The other wall. This is where I craft etc.


Bulletin board with artwork from my daughter and few other people.




Close up of the hutch area.




My very first sewing machine from my childhood.




A little stitchery I made several years ago.



The view from where I sit and sew. So much better than facing the wall! 










A mini design wall I am trying out that sits next to my sewing machine. 
I am currently working on a Farm Girl Vintage quilt designed by Lori Holt. 
Don't look too close as they are far from perfect. 
I am also thinking I am going to make this just a tad bit bigger and add a nice edge to it. 




The little cabinet at the end of my sewing table holds this cute little vintage Singer Spartan. It sews like a charm! 

Thank you for joining me on this tour. 
I hope that you have enjoyed your stay.

To see more of my sewing rooms--same stuff for the most part, just different set ups in different homes over the years, follow this link HERE

To see even more sewing rooms, art studios etc. from other bloggers click HERE to go to Karen's blog.

Thank you Karen, for hosting this fabulously fun blogging event!