Friday, August 17, 2007

Show And Tell Friday--Folk Art Pins

Make sure to visit http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ to visit all the Show and Tell Fridays.

This week I decided to share my collection of handmade folk art pins. I've collected pins for many years and yes I do wear them. I have pins for most all the holidays--especially Christmas pins which I've tried to buy myself a new one every year since I was in high school, pins that are just fun, pins that are musical and my little gathering of folk art pins which I just love! The pins here are of wood (snowman & flag), wool applique (gold heart), clay (angel), punchneedle (raggedy annie) and the Santa is even on a domino. Each were made by special friends and usually tucked into a swap or sometimes just sent as a little surprise.........

....these are cloth (heart and liberty angel), wool (bee) and rughooked (sheep)--that one I made and it took me 2 hours to hook that little thing. Needless to say I don't do much hooking.
Make sure to visit http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ to enjoy all the Show and Tell Fridays.

I'm off to the museum today and will hopefully have pictures to share later. Happy Friday Everyone!

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Such sweet pins, Cathy! I especially like the jolly snowman and the little bee..so cute!
Kelli

Penless Thoughts said...

How cute. Loved the hooked one especially.
Susan

Susie said...

What delightful pins. Each one has its own little story too, which makes them special :)

Marci said...

They are so cute. What a neat thing to collect.

By the way, I also loved your zucchini tale.

Sara said...

Variety is the spice of life! It's true! I love all your folksy pins...it's plain to see you are never at a loss for a pin to decorate your day's attire. You must have a lot of Christmas pins too. I hope you will share those sometime!

mockingbird hill said...

Cathy...the Santa pin is my favorite! Great share...thanks! Cassie

Lana G! said...

Adorable!

LBP said...

I love holiday pins. And yours are just adorable especially the hooked one, I have never seen one like that.

Julieann said...

The pins are just wonderful!!!!

Julieann

Suzanne said...

Very cute pins Cathy! I used to teach (before kids) and wore them a lot! Thanks for sharing yours.

ellen b said...

Those pins are wonderful. It's great that you wear them...

Rosemary said...

oh wow, i thought i was the only pin freak! LOL! I have TWO Huge bags full of folk art pins. Almost all are handmade. I've been buying them for probably 20 years or so.

Barbara H. said...

What a sweet collection of pins! I'm so glad you wear them. Love the hooked one -- so cute.

crazyhaberdasher said...

Fabulous collection, we don't have this sort of thing in OZ.