Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Surrounded By Cats


I've had several people asking about my halloween pennyrug, so I thought I'd share about it. It stitches up fairly quickly and is such a comical piece. Everyone always comments on it. I did make it myself from wool felt and it's from the pattern Surrounded by Cats designed by Lakeview Primitives Make sure to check all of her great wool patterns. I have several on my to buy list--someday.
Here's a tip too for making penny rugs. Trace your pattern pieces onto the dull side of freezer paper. Iron it--shiny side down, to your wool or wool felt and then cut it out. It makes for more accurate cutting and I find it much faster and the freezer paper templates can be used over and over again. As Martha would say--It's a good thing!

6 comments:

Dusty said...

Morning Cathy! I'm another one who wanted to ask you about that cute little mat. You did a great job.
dusty

crazyhaberdasher said...

So gorgeous! Well done! Do you have other ones, new and vintage? They do go well with the cookie jars!
Oh my! something else to make and collect!

Mockingbird Hill said...

I just knew it! I can't sew for beans, but this is just the kind of thing that makes me think..."well,maybe I can". Cute. Cute. Cute.

Cassie

Gina said...

Oh it's so wonderful! Great work!

Gina said...

Oh it's so wonderful! Great work!

Sharon said...

What a cute little table mat. Love it.