Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thanksgiving Decor and the Ugly Turkey Collection

I may not be totally unpacked everywhere, but I do have my Thanksgiving decor up and ready. I also thought I'd share my ugly turkey collection that I started about 3 years ago.

The sun is streaming in thru the dining room windows warming the turkeys and pumpkins that sit upon the window seat...................


Center of the window seat...........


The other end of the window seat where Ella the punkin' head doll sits to keep an eye all the pumpkins and turkey with her great big grin..........

The mantle shelf my brother gave me a few years back---one of my very favorite things, because I can decorate it with so much year round. (gotta fix that one stray cord!)


A few close-ups of what's on the mantle shelf...........





The ugly turkey on the very end is what started my collection of ugly turkeys a few years back. Whatever the glaze/coloring that is on him reminded of some pottery my grandmother had when I was growing up that I wasn't particulary fond of and for some reason he said take me home and since then I've found a few other turkeys with that same glaze and in different colors, so I nab them up and take them home--along with any other ugly little turkey I find.............


More turkeys with the same glaze only in different colors and sizes.....




The little squirrel nutcracker with his winters store...........


The fireplace mantle in the living room with the lovely gold wallpaper--which really isn't too bad since there is so much wood in there, so it'll stay until I figure out what to do in there.


This darling turkey and cornstalk ornie is from the Fall Ornie Swap I did with my friends at the P&R. It's is by Robin Leuschen of Bird in Hand Primitives Be sure to check out her website too--she offers the E Pattern for this little guy...........


Fall leaves by Christy Masters.....


Indian corn by Mags Benson................


More of the ugly turkey collection...........






More ornies........ autumn bag is by Kathi Rode..........


Acorn by me................

Pilgrim couple in pumpkin is by Sandy Schutt....


Gourd by Phyllis Shows............


Cornucopia by Christine Shepard.......

Punchneedle turkey by Paula Eaches.......


I hope to find a turkey or two this year to add to my collection. There's still lots of space to fill! Gobble Gobble!