Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Antique Baby Dresses For Sale


Don't you just love antique baby dresses and how delicate they are. I have several that I am selling from my Picture Trail Album , so I thought I'd share it here. Most of these are handmade and are approximately 75-80 years old. That means the babies who wore them are now great grandparents! There are a few that are vintage dresses and a pinafore apron that I'm not sure how old they are.

As I was looking at these I thought that besides hanging them to display how neat they would be to use in a collage or to collage on them or even to use them for a stitchery. I can see an old style alphabet stitched onto them--sort of like an old sampler. Lots of possibilities.

To see them you can click on the picture below or click HERE. Enjoy!





5 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Cathy!! I LOVE #2, 5, 8 and 13...what would be the price for all including shipping sweetie?? My email is sewmanyroses@yahoo.com...xxoo, Dawn

Debra said...

Oh My can't wait to see that eye candy!
I have given your blog an award- just go to my blog to pick it up!
Deb
www.pilgrimsandpioneers.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Oh that is so sweet...See that is why I have an special award for you on my blog...Drop by to see...Sandra

Joy said...

I have just two items from my babyhood and they are a nightgown and a tiny little sweater. I've wanted to display them somehow for awhile now but can't figure out the best way to do so. Baby gowns are so charming!

Huckleberry Arts said...

Adore the dress and that is so neat they are great grandparents now isn't that something holding a piece of history makes you wonder about thier life
Have a beautiful day